Gurston Down Hill Climb School

felters

18 cars - 5 Westies - and a good day out.

Bad news is there are only 3 days per year and the next one will be in May '05. But if you think Hill Climbing may be for you then give it a go. I loved it. :D  :D  :D

I was considering a day there actually...how much actually driving time do you get?

How about writing a Westfield World article?

Andy

Did it a couple of years ago.Also agree was a fab day.Got mine on video as well to remember the day.

Let the OLd Trout use the video so have no useable film to watch.  :p

But had a really good day in June with 2 convoy runs and 8 individual in the course of the day. :D

And a good lunch included :)

J D    :cool:

I was there too (good to meet you felters! ) and completely agree. One of the best value days I have been to. Helped that my company paid for me of course :):p

We got 9 runs in which was about as much as I could manage, I was knackered by the last run!

A very well run event and excellent feedback from the instructors. Only downside was that there was no timing, I found my finish line speed was significantly higher when I did Ashes all "wrong" but it would have been nice to know if my overall time was better or worse.

Felters,

I've just realised I saw your car on a trailer going over Pepperbox hill at 5.15pm today!

Al - not sure where Pepperbox Hill is but yes I was heading back to Winchester at that time...

Article being penned in a few weeks when I'm back from hols...

only for the first 300 yrds then it goes up,a bit!!

tell me about it! walking the hill was damn hard work!

Some good pics of the hill here btw