And now it's my turn

Thrustyjust

Just got my tickets for Top Gear,gonna have to take the Westie as the wife's car is a bit embarrassing( see other thread) What happened on Sunday,had to miss it and I will tell you what happends tommorrow evening.Who's been there,want to know about how secure the Westie will be?

It was quite a boring show, 15 minutes of banter on the proposed road tax. 3 roadsters and 4 convertibles were tested, well tested....

and sir Raf Fienes did a celebrety lap. The merc C65(or whatever) of last week  did a dismal 1:29 on the powerlaps

I know of this website that has all episodes of fifth and top gear on-line it's probably not legal but...

http://gear.viper007bond.com/

Just want to say what a fantastic day it was.Late as usual,meant the Westie was used in the 'correct manner' to get there on time.The hanger is very small and cars are carted in and out.Star guest is Patrick Kielty,who killed both Lianas.The new Corvette was on the track.Piece of crap that was.Various other bits and pieces,which I will let you all watch on Sunday.

The recording was from 2pm to 7pm for an hours show.You get food breaks and drinks and mingle with the three of them.They are all very hospitable and although enjoyed the shows,gone up in my estimations.They are funnier off screen than on,butthe edit will be a busy one.If you get the opportunity,go for it.Safe parking for your Westie and although your standing for 5 hrs,worth every minute.

When arriving, did you get 'lost' and end up going round the test track ;) I think they should put caterfield around that test track. Be interesting to see the time it gets. Amazed that they haven't done it already.

I think they should put caterfield around that test track. Be interesting to see the time it gets. Amazed that they haven't done it already.

Cos they know full well that a cheaper "kit car" would probably go far quicker than most of the exotic high priced stuff they demo each week  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

Remember the XTR2 and Radical times  :D  ;)  ;)  ;)  Which have both been removed from their fastest car board  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  ;)

The Lotus 7 Club have managed to hire the track for one of their handling days. The day also includes being allowed to do laps of the Top Gear track. I'd be very surprised if the TG team don't take the opportunity to do some filming...

I'd also be very surprised if some people aren't able to calculate how long a lap would take...

Mercedes-Mclaren SLR - 1.20.9

Ferrari 360 CS - 1.22.3

Porsche 911 GT3 RS - 1.22.3

Lamborghini Murcielago - 1.23.7

Pagani Zonda - 1.23.8

Koenigsegg - 1.23.9

Noble M12 GTO-3 - 1.25.0

Lamborghini Gallardo - 1.25.8

Lotus Exige - 1.26.4

Porsche 911 GT3 - 1.27.2

TVR T350c - 1.27.5

BMW M3 CSL - 1.28.0

MG SV - 1.28.6

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII - 1.28.9

Alpina Roadster (Z8) - 1.29.0

Subaru Impreza STi - 1.30.1

Aston Martin DB7 GT - 1.30.4

Audi S4 - 1.30.9

Porsche 911 Turbo - 1.31.0

Vauxhall VX220 Turbo - 1.31.3

Honda NSX Type R - 1.31.6

BMW M3 - 1.31.8

Nissan 350Z - 1.31.8

Mazda RX-8 - 1.31.8

Ford Focus RS - 1.32.2

Lotus Esprit V8 - 1.32.5

Audi TT V6 - 1.32.7

Noble M12 - 1.33.1

Mercedes SL55 AMG - 1.33.2

VW Golf R32 - 1.33.2

Volvo S60R - 1.35.0

Ferrari 575 - 1.35.2

Alfa Romeo 147 GTA - 1.35.6

Lotus Elise - 1.35.6

Aston Martin Vanquish - 1.36.2

Renault Clio V6 - 1.36.2

Honda Civic Type R - 1.36.5

Saab 9-5 HOT Aero - 1.37.9

Maserati Coupe - 1.38.0

Bowler Wildcat - 1.39.4

Bentley Arnarge - 1.40.8

Range Rover overfinch - 1.44.0

Looking at the results I would say about mid to high 1.20`s for a well speced Caterfield but could be talking out of my  :arse: again

Dare I say that the nasty Corvette has just snuck the Exige on the lap time.And thats with Yanky cart springs on it.It was a hatefull thing.When Richard was doing the voice over for the Stig,Jeremy was behind him,mumbling,'Its a piece of crap the only thing the americans gave us was condensed milk'.Hope they show how flexy the tank is too!!!