Nothing to do with cars

DAZ

Hi there

Just been on my hols got talking about old tv shows and the hosts catchphrases, one that sparked a debate everynight and never really got solved was "i could crush a grape" who's catchphrase was this,we got it down to 2 people but noone was 100% any ideas.

DAZ

It was the  :arse:  :arse:  Stu Francis  :D  :D  Sometime tin-pot comedian and failed Crackerjack host  :D  :(  :(  :blush:  :blush:  :devil:

Many apologies for knowing such inane crap  :(  :(  :(  :(  :blush:  :blush: I can't help it - All the quality stuff just dribbles through and I can't remember owt .......... but rubbish and trivia seems to stick  :blush:  :blush:  :durr:  :durr:  :blush:  :blush:  :D

It was that guy off cracker jack was'nt it  stuart francis or something like that, not 100% ethier :(

Ooh I knew the answer as soon as I saw the catchphrase... Stu Francis also had another really crummy one that the poor captive audience used to "laugh" at - "oooh I could jump over a doll's house".  Remember that one too?

Thats what i thought but when some one said it was Bobby Ball from Cannon and Ball it got me wondering,i know his main catchphrase was rock on tommy but it still got me doubting myself.

DAZ

Sounds like a Roger Mellie (the man on the telly) saying.

Roger Mellie is now on Men & Motors on Wednesday nights.