megablade rad

j30fos

Can anyone tell where the temp switch is from on the megablade rad as I suspect that this is faulty and need to get another one, the car ran last night to 110o and the fan didn't cut in.  Any ideas.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

Looking from the engine it should be mounted in the left hand side plastic about half way up.

I had the same problem with mine when testing up to 105. The advice from WF was to let it run a bit higher, I did and get fan on typically at just over 110. Can't say I am that comfortable with it being this late but not a problem when out and about.

Worth checking the fan is working before you try further, you can bypass the switch for testing.

Kev.

Mine is the redtop switch... cuts in around 90 and off around 85deg... My first car had the hot switch and I ended up with a manual overide as cooking the engine when in traffic seemed a bad idea.

Having said that, when in the bike, the fans comes on between 98 and 102 and switches off at around 95deg.