Genuine VW GT TDi PD Tuning Box

Spencer

Now for sale due to Golf going back to Lease Company.

Genuine "Tuning Box" system for the VW Golf Mk IV 115bhp PD Diesel Engine (It's a model P31)...Note, this is not a cheap rip-off imitation a-la EBay

Tuning Box

With this unit installed (inline with the fuel rail), engine bhp is raised from 115bhp to 150bhp, and 285Nm to 350Nm of torque!

I used this unit for approx 40k miles, without a hint of trouble. I did remove when taking car for service  ;) , a 30 second job and nobody at the dealership mentioned a thing, but more importantly, the car still felt as taught the day I took it back  :down:  as the day I had it.

I've since driven VW's official 150bhp cars (Bora and Seat Leon Cupra), which weren't a patch on my old Golf with this unit fitted, far less low-down torque. Car is transformed, it really is a hoot to drive, the thing pulls like a train.

Fuel economy, unless you really hoon it everywhere, remains every bit as good as well...without a word of a lie, I'd often see approaching 60mpg whilst on the motorway doing evening motorway speeds (the usual 50/60mph)...of course, this drops a little when coming off the motorway, but that's life, eh?  :D

Cost over £400 new, but to you friendly bunch, £200+p&p ovno...again, no farmyard offers, Messrs Smith et-al. :sheep:

Cheers

Spen

What are the details / spec of the PD130 box - sounds interesting ...

Thos' unit or my unit that take it up to 150? ???

Spencer - sorry its a bit of a thread hijack - I've got 130 as standard - does your's only fit a 115 - taking it up to 150, or does it work on a 130 taking it up to 150 or more than 150 - or do I need Thos' for that?

Cheers

Vague again but BTT! Can you get a box for the 150bhp version? If so what is the expected output as I know my neigbour wold be interested.

Mitch

Vague again but BTT! Can you get a box for the 150bhp version? If so what is the expected output as I know my neigbour wold be interested.

Mitch

My PD130 saw 176bhp with 301lb/ft, owner of the rolling road is the dealer for one of the tuning boxes, he had 196bhp and 324lb/ft from his PD150. Ususally the quoted figures are a bit more modest than actual though, but 185+ can be expected from the 150 version.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.