HELP PLEASE

sir camel toe

hi chaps hope you can help there is oily smoke cumin from the dip stick oil filler and oil catch tank filter  from my crossflow engine have i blown a seal or somthing :(  :(  :(

Dont want to be a purveyor of doom and gloom man but.........

Thats how my recent problems started.

Is there any smoke from the exhaust when you rev and lift off?

What carbs are you running?

PM me and I'll send you a phone number and I will relate the sequence of events leading up to a complete engine rebuild.

It's to long a story to post here.

:(

hi mate i run twin 40s it only happened after i raced a scooby must of gave it to much right foot  :(  :(  :(  :(

did beat him tho :D

My misery could have been started by a duff Solex carb,also a twin 40 set up but unknown to me it was flooding the bore of cylinder 4.

Is the engine running hotter now than before?

no its the same as before . one of my mates says it might be a oil ring round the piston what do u reckon

Basically thats where mine ended up, started with a washed bore then the lack of oil caused a heat build up, head gasket failure, and possibly caused the circlip to fail and get trapped between the bore and the piston damaging both.

Got it back last night after a total rebuild. :D

It will now be loads faster, race cam, lightened flywheel the whole nine yards :D but

The cost was unreal  :0

I am no expert it could be similar to mine but it also could be normal, I was told originally that xflows do have a tendancy to breath a bit.  

Perhaps some of the others more experienced and wise may have some other answers.

Good luck with it whatever.  :t-up:

Engine was £850 plus fitting labour,

replaced carbs  (£250) and set up including twin cable linkage (£100) and loads of mucking about.

All up about £1500. I had a load of other stuff done as well and have just forked out £2200.

:blues:  :blues:

Still it's only money eh!!!!

:down:

Do you have a catch tank?

If so is the catch tank full?

If so empty it, and see if the symptoms go away....

Is your breather to the catch tank blocked?  All x/flows breathe quite heavily and if the block breather is blocked or restricted it will start to breath out of the dipstick tube - being the next easiest exit.

Do a seach on the forum, from the beginning - there are some useful threads about x/flow breather pipework.  Breather ->  Rocker -> catch tank.  :t-up:

just had the head of the engine and one of my pistons is melted gutted :( the internal bore size of the liners is 0.80mm--8cm does anybody now where i can get this and pistons to match+how much they will rob me of my hard earned cash

cheers daz