Caterham Owners

ChrisF

Whats you experience  ???

I have just returned from a holiday in deepest, darkest Norfolk....while out last night I met a group of Blat Chatters...with a Robin Hood in toe  :p  It was my first chat with some Caterham owners.

I made myself known as a Westy owner and found the 'Blat Chat Boys' to be friendly and welcoming.  I even got home tonight and found a nice email saying they had enjoyed meeting me..cheers Nick & co.

I have emailed back a suggestion that our respective local clubs meet up for a blat (Calling Chaz)....have I overstepped the line  :0

Can the BCB (Blat Chat Boys) and Westy Massive really mix it together  :D  ;)  ???

Allegedly NFN = "normal for Norfolk" an acronym used in the medical profession when a slightly "odd" patient presents him/herself :p

Like FLK for "funny looking kid" and T F Bundy for "totally f**ked but unfortunately not dead yet".

Edited to add:

Actually I have a medic in my family and humour is a defence mechanism against getting too depressed at some of the cases they encounter.  :down:

The Worcs lot meet under the guise of the L7 club, but welcome allcomers. There is an "official" Area Organiser for the L7 club but he and the rest of us are just car enthusiast 1st and foremost. We are proud to have a number of non-Caterhams visit us on occasions.

Nothing could please us more than a joint meeting. We already have Jason (MegaBusa and GT40 rep) as "members" but he's the only regular Westie owner. Greg (Striker) and new boy Mark ("proper" home-built Locost) also count as regulars but we've had Fury's and other Westie's visit us in the past.

If you enjoy the mix of Se7ens, with occasional "other" sportscars (Elises etc) then the Se7ens List is a good place to start. Belonging to more than one community does not exclude you from your own car-specific community, although there are always some people who have a been in their bonnets about theirs being the best. Mine will never be the best. I always want to do something else to it, so it never reaches perfection.

Whats you experience  ???

Can the BCB (Blat Chat Boys) and Westy Massive really mix it together  :D  ;)  ???

Yes they can. I have been going to a Caterham meet for about 3 years now, and apart from the odd bit of good natured ribbing, they are a very friendly bunch of guys :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

David

ummm....there is a Norfolk/Suffolk arm of the WSCC and we don't all drive Massey Fergusons - although the local tractor club does drive out to the pub we meet.  I almost p***ed myself laughing when my MF owning neighbour mentioned it.  Imagine going for a club blat in a grey MF down Norfolks great country roads, wind in your hair (no aeroscreens) the throbbing sound of a diesel engine, the rumble of tyres....

Maybe the new Norfolk AO will organise something with the Caterham boys.... could be expensive though as he does rather fancy a SV.

yes they are that bad :angry::angry: especially the one who drove me home from the pub last night.  goddam sober bastrad! and there was the other one who passed out drunk on my sofa!  goodam drunk bastrad!

I got revenge tho!  I stood on the seat the 1 mile home from the pub mooneying people :D:D  that lowered the tone :);)

my head hurts  :down:  :down:

foreign being anywhere north of Kings Lynn etc

I live about 2 miles north of Kings Lynn....does this make me a foreigner....with my Northern Irish accent I suppose it does  :(  :D  :D  :D

Hey..lets not hit on Norfolk, I've lived here for 15 years and love my sister...sorry I mean county  :0  :D

With the approval of our AO (Chaz the Merciful) maybe we can get some Cateringvan / Westy inter club event arranged, just for us turnip head country folk  :durr:  :p  :D

Nick...it was great to meet you guys and I hope we can meet up again soon.

Caterham owners friendly?Why didn't someone tell me this 18 months ago making the extra weight of a pick axe shaft unnecessary all this time. :oops:

It is a Christians duty to show non believers the way..!!

I think Westfield owners have the same duty towards Caterham drivers.

Meeting up with them is a good idea.

I have had contact from a couple of the Caterham guys and what a jolly nice lot they  :t-up:

I will try to arrange some sort of run out...even if it's just an informal blat up the Norfolk coast  :angry:  :D  :D