computer question

neo

Just built a new home PC which i haven't done for over a year or so and forgot how to/ or how do you solve this, my bios is showing a ATHLON XP1500+ cpu but its actually a ATHLON XP2200 + CPU whats the score on getting the system to correctly reconise this cpu for what it is and what its not, any ideas people :D the mother board is a Abit GA7VA

AFAIK You need to get into the bios and change the CPU clock frequency.  Double check this with the motherboard manual as there may be other issues such as core voltage.

By default I think motherboards tend to come switched to the safest (slowest) values.

Abit should have the manual on their site if you haven't got it.

ding, http://www.abit.com.tw/abitweb/webjsp/index.htm

bios will go for a safe clock on the cpu hence yours is showing to slow.  enter the bios (aiw) and change the bus rate and multiple rate as needed and the jobs a good'n

I remember when they bought out the celeron 300a. For £60 a pop you could clock easily to 450mhz (4.5x100mhz) from its standard 66mhz (*spits*) rate. I still have one running at that speed now :blush: