Spotted /Blatchat

furtive

Al Yupright towing his Westy. Shortly followed by a chap in a red one.

And the about half an hour later, two guys in a poiple one.

Who were you and where had you all been?

I was going to and from Halfords in a Golf and a TT to replace a split coolant hose   :angry:

bit busy getting a 2nd and 1st in class at Gurston this weekend  ;)

Aha!

Did you parp? Seem to recall someone parping on the A36/Southampton road, outside the Esso.

I was at Bruntingthorpe on Saturday.

Skinning some ACB10s.  :t-up:

Didn't parp. I was in the passenger seat and couldn't get to the parper in time.

Did you know there was another Westy about 4 cars behind you?

Yes indeed. Poor thing sounds very troubled having to breath through that restrictor.

Looked like it could do with a bit more ackerman, or toe out, from the way it was going through the cone slalom.

Nice kart track, but the Formula Student surely would've been more at home on the airfield?

Looked fun though, would like to design my own car sometime. Probably similar dimensions to a formula student. What sort of circuits do you run on, got any laptimes for anywhere like Anglesey, Cadwell, Donnington or anything?

Cheers,

Al.

Nah, they're designed for short twisty tracks, just look at the tiny wheelbase!

As for the way it was going thru the slalom, that's the drivers. They're not very erxperienced with it yet.

Surely they dont race on kart tracks like that though?

Less chance of overtaking than in an F1 race!!

Saw a few drivers crash it/stall it/etc etc.

Its easy to criticise when walking past on the way to the toilets  :D

Just about to have a butchers at the website.

Cheers,

Al.

Could have been me in the 'purple' one ahem, its actually called Rioja Red, but sometimes looks a bit purple.

Out for a Southampton - Salisbury - Southampton blat with Father in Law and popped up to Gurston Hill Climb where Peter was demonstrating his very rapid single seater ...... "still not fast enough so I bought a proper racing car ...."  very nice too!!

On the other hand, it may actually have been a proper purple one!

Blardy good day all round.

Nick.

Al,

Because it's a student engineering event, there's not any 'racing' a such. It's all done against the clock.

Who would insure an event where students race cars that are designed and built by students!!!???

Could have been me in the 'purple' one ahem, its actually called Rioja Red, but sometimes looks a bit purple.

Yup, sounds about right. It wasn't that purple. I was in a silver Audi TT going the other way at a roundabout near Halfords.

Top tip: If there are no clouds in the sky and you feel rain, chances are it's coolant spraying out of a split hose  :durr:

Now you mention it I do seem to recall someone in a TT taking a keen interest in the Westy on the Halfords/Tesco roundabout..

Are you Salisbury way then?  

Is there any local WSCC contingent Wiltshire way? I have looked at the mag etc but can't see any mention of a local gathering.

Nick.