Ipod remix G4

JonnyBoy

Well, apple have released the 4th gen ipod...but nowhere can i find if they have resolved the battery issue.. i'm guessing its not something they'd admit to as being a problem in the g3 anyway... but... have they addressed the issue?

The only thing I've noticed about battery life is that the new iPods last 50% longer. I noticed something about it on the BBC today....

Mark

BBC News: 19 July. here

"A welcome change will be the boost to battery life. Apple said the new models could last up to 12 hours, compared to eight hours on the previous models.

Apple has achieved this through better power management rather than simply using a bigger, heavier battery."

steve

The vast majority of even the earliest iPods, now over two years old, continue to work OK, including the ones in our house! Some iPods, however, have apparently had issues with batteries. All batteries will degrade over time, and lithium ion batteries are only good for 300 to 500 charge/discharge cycles. For this reason, certain customers' usage patterns may cause the batteries to degrade, or fail, sooner than others. If this happens within warranty Apple will replace, if outside warranty you have to buy a new battery. No big deal.

if outside warranty you have to buy a new battery. No big deal.

i disagree.. at no point would i risk spending over 300 quid on something i have to virtually replace after 18 months.

i'd be one really f**ked off bunny :(:(

iPod 1 - 1st Gen - 5GB - 2.5 years old - Still runs for 7hrs on a charge (tested recently before sale).

iPod 2 - 2nd Gen - 20GB - 2 years old - Pretty much the same.

As for the $250 claim...  The battery IS replaceable and is $30!

Click this

Now on iPod 3 - 3rd Gen - 40GB and it rules.