• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Warwickshire Area - Auto orienteering

nlash

Thanks to everybody that came along and took part today. Mark and Sarah - hope you got back home ok, a real shame about the problem as you were both steaming through the course and easily heading for a winning position. PS you have a lovely car!

Thanks to Rich and Cheryl for making the effort to come some distance and join in. It was good to meet you and I hope your employer appreciates your effort.

Well done to everybody for making the event run smoothly. Phil and Sandy, I hope you have calmed down now and the stress level has dropped some. Greg, Sara, Colin and Hilary - well done for a full set of correct answers. Only 3 minutes between you but somebody had to be a winner!

Thanks to the club for the prize money. It was much appreciated! The event was great fun. Report for WW to follow as promised.

Nige  :D

We enjoyed ourselves, even if we did get interrupted half way through, and we got home just as the sky started to come down - perfect timing!  Did you get the pictures I emailed Nigel?  There's only a few, but if anyone else fancies a look they are here they are all at full resolution as I haven't had chance to sort them out yet... so be prepared for a sizeable download!

Thanks again Nigel for putting the time in to organise this! :t-up:

I think I have 2 unrelated problems.

The engine is now running really sweet again. I put that down to too many dry/bad connections in the ignition circuit. Also, on removing one of the sparkplugs, the insulation fell away - doesn't help for a good spark. I have remade just about all of the connections on the LT side of the ignition - the connection for the Lumenition on the +ve side of the coil was just wrapped around the post on the coil  :(  :(

The rev counter is still playing up. Reading on the WSCC and the dark side I think I may have a faulty rev counter. I have run a new earth and supply and it still bounces around when the rev increase. The views seem to be that there is a damping mechanism inside that sometimes break. I'm going to try to find an instrument repair company around Coventry next week to see if I can get it checked.

Don't happen to know anywhere I could get it checked out?

Regards

Mark

We enjoyed ourselves, even if we did get interrupted half way through, and we got home just as the sky started to come down - perfect timing!  Did you get the pictures I emailed Nigel?  There's only a few, but if anyone else fancies a look they are here they are all at full resolution as I haven't had chance to sort them out yet... so be prepared for a sizeable download!

Thanks again Nigel for putting the time in to organise this! :t-up:

Nice pictures, some awesome westys and a sweet ferrari, whos was the ferrari?