Directions to scammonden!

skydivepaul

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to scammonden hill this sunday. I know it is next to the m62 but not sure which junction to come off at.

I will be over to spectate on sunday with a view to buying a sprint / hillclimb car for next season so if anyones thinking of selling in the near future give me a bell on 07970 963848.

Cheers Paul,

former westie owner between 1989 -1992

copy paste from scummy final instructions...

Travelling from the east along the M62 from Yorkshire.

Leave the M62 at J24  ( You cannot exit @ J23 from the East )

At the end of the slip road turn left onto the dual carriageway.

At the roundabout take the 1st exit off on to the A643 keeping the large hotel on the Right.

Follow this road, which runs parallel with the M62.

Next roundabout take the 3rd exit, which crosses over the motorway.

This road becomes the A640.  Follow this road over the M62.

***  Approx. 1 mile from the motorway look for the Pub on the right.

150 Yds after the pub turn right to the road signposted for Scammonden Dam.

Minor turns will be identified with WSCC markers

Travelling WEST along the M62 from Lancashire

Leave the motorway at J23 and join the A640 to bring you to the north side of the M62.

From that point follow the above instructions from ***

HTH,

Mrs W

(hope to be there, and MIRA tomorrow.  Car still in bits in garage  ???

Edit: 1.20am...just finished putting the car back together...hope it works  :oops:  :zzz: )

I will be over to spectate on sunday with a view to buying a sprint / hillclimb car for next season so if anyones thinking of selling in the near future give me a bell on 07970 963848.

:D  :D  :D

Paul

How fast can you afford to go.

Mine is up for sale, full add in the for sale section.

It is one of the best class A E cars out there in my humble opinion.

Rob

Paul,

What he means is, would you like to win class A, because if you would it's very easy. Buy Rob's car, get some driving lessons and the class is yours :D:D:D  It's as simple as that. Unless of course your a little on the heavy side like it's current driver, which negates some of the advantage.

As I run a bike engine car, it was very embaressing to find that Rob's car was lighter than my'n when weighed at Curborough :D:D

It really is a top car.

:blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

Cheers Nick.

I've gone all shy now  :blush:  :blush:

But not shy enough to point out you forgot to mention that I also beat you round Croft as well   :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Yeh, but I was having a bad "hair" day, that day :p:p:p

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to scammonden hill this sunday. I know it is next to the m62 but not sure which junction to come off at.

I know its a bit late ......................but if you exit over Leeds/Bradford airport at 13,000ft, freefall in a westerly direction for 9,500 and pull the handle you cant miss it  :D

just dont land in the fast lane of the M62  ;)

:blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

Cheers Nick.

I've gone all shy now  :blush:  :blush:

But not shy enough to point out you forgot to mention that I also beat you round Croft as well   :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

And he forgot to mention he got beat at 3 sisters by my heavyweight Vauxhall aswell :D