SVA

ian_perry

Passed SVA 1st time yesterday at Nottingham :cool:  :cool:

Got to say though, I did'nt expect to pass - had a bit of a race against time to get finished.

Had a great day out, first time I'd really driven the car and it was absolutely brilliant..... I could'nt get the smile of my face for ages.

I'd also recomend Nottingham test station to anyone in the area, Martin - the examiner was very fair and helpful with suggesting ways to fix some of the problems I had.

Needless to say I took the long way home, I just did'nt want to park it.  :devil:  :p  :D

Just got to finish off the registration then I'll be on the road.

Ta,

Ian

:D

We'll see you at Donington kit car show in September then will we?

Yep, I'll be there - just up the road!   :t-up:

Great news Ian!  Hope to see you out there soon.  Come and say hello at Curborough on the 15th August if you are around.  Would love to see the finished car.

Ian

Come and say hello at Curborough on the 15th August if you are around

Should'nt be a problem, see you there! The diary's filling up already! :)

how did you get round your problem with the front flexi brake pipes in the end?

I got some 90 deg banjo fittings from Think Automotive that I fit to the original pipes. Much better solution IHMO   :t-up:

Got the part numbers if anyones interested ;)

Cheers,

Ian

Ian

Well done !

What sort of things did they pick you up on to fix whilst there?

Were there any things that they paid close attantion too ?

I am going down on the 20th with X-flows SDV so any advice would be great.

Thanks

Rob

Err there were a few things, mostly radiuses

1. some of the radi on the front upright (cortina) around where the track rod end joins the upright were contactable - had to file these.

2. ditto where the cycle wing bracket bolts to the top of the upright at the ball joint.

3. radius on the bottom edge of the dash (home made) was less than required (~5mm) had to pull off the vinyl put some stcky foam round the edge and re - stick vinyl.

4. speedo cal a bit out

I went with a mate following in an estate car full of tools, tie raps - foam, tape etc etc etc  would defo recomend doing this, cos unless there is something fundamentally wrong with the car you can fix it there and then  :cool: I think I took most of the stuff I'd used to build the car!! :durr::)

As you can probably tell, they payed quite a bit of attention to exterior projections, the ol' 100mm sphere came out :sheep:  :devil: other than that though not too bad.

Now got 2 pairs (don't ask) of Westfield SVA headlight bracket covers if anyone wants them, plus some edging for the transmission tunnel etc - that I got from Graham (cheers worked a treat! ) that he used on his car 4 SVA.

Good luck  :t-up:

Ian

Vx 20XE, Taper TBs.......well it will be when I get it finished!

It is now so you'll have to change your signature!

Ian,

Congrats on passing SVA, hope to be in a position to apply for mine over the next few weeks, SWMBO allowing....

I'd be interested in the head light SVA covers and edging. Can you PM me and let me know how much you'd like for them?

Cheers,

Jon

Jon,  you can have the bits and bobs.........need the space! The tunnel edging strips have been used on both mine and Grahams car's to pass SVA (they've got a few screw holes in now so are nothing spectacular :D:D ) see if we can keep the record going with yours!  ;)  :D

It is now so you'll have to change your signature!

Good point!   :D  :p

It's still got the grey steering wheel I bought from you last year fitted.  :xmas:

Yeah, got some piccys - left the CD with em on at work though - I'll post them up tomorrow. They were taken the week before SVA, forgot to take any on the day! Too much other stuff on my mind  :sheep:

Cheers,

Ian

Still got one pair of headlight bracket covers, anyone?? :)

Hi Ian,

Congratulations! Can't wait to be in that position myself. Have sent PM re:bracket covers.

Luke