Warwickshire area Heyford Academy (MSE)

nlash

Evenin...

For those attending the Heyford Academy 1 event this Saturday and wishing to travel in convoy, we will be meeting at Halfords car park, Shires Trading Estate, Leamington.

Sign on is at 9.00am so if we can meet at 0745 with a view to setting off at 0800. This will leave enough time for those wishing to top up their tanks just before arriving at the airfield.

As per the email you should have received, please let MSE know if you require the use of one of their helmets. I would suggest you bring your driving licenses too, just to be on the safe side.

Noise limits are 103 dba @ 0.5m, 3/4 max revs. I will take my noise meter to the Thursday meet if any of you want to check your cars.

Should be a really good day, see you all on Saturday if not before.

Nige

Attendees i'm aware of are

Rob

Ian

Greg

Terry

Dave M

Taffy

and me... if i've missed anyone then please drop me a line if you intend to drive in convoy.

My number is 07931 421641

Hope you all have a good day, would be interested in a write up of how it goes. Westfield World perhaps?

Andy

Hope you all have a good day, would be interested in a write up of how it goes. Westfield World perhaps?

Andy

Taff ????

Do you want to volunteer for this?  :D

If not then I guess it'll be down to me  :(

Only kidding, i'll bring my camera then

Hi Nigel,

I have not had notification yet, Ill give them a bell today.

If Im there, then Ill bring my camera. :D  :D

C Ya

Rob

Hi Men,

Relax, the Taffmobile complete with its driver, one Taffy del mondo, is in! :D  :D

So I will Bl**dy well be in Halfords car park at the time of 7.45 am.

Ive ordered me helmut, got a change of pants so Im ready for anything! :D  :D  :D

c ya there!

Rob

Never got an email Nige, should I have?  What is this meeting anway, or should I do a search .....?

Stuart, the event is a trackday organised by MSE. There are a few of us paid up and going along this Saturday. I'm not sure if there any places left but if you are interested in joining us then you'd better give MSE a call on 0870 787 2116.

So I will Bl**dy well be in Halfords car park at the time of 7.45 am.

Good news Taff... no need for me to remember my brolly then eh  :D

Will you be bringing the picnic basket complete with a nice Chardonnay?

Hi Nigel,

Dont worry, Ill have everything including the Kitchen sink! :D  :D

Can we organise Bacon Sarnies en route?

Please?

Rob

Can we organise Bacon Sarnies en route?

Please?

See how we do for time Taff... MSE have made a point about being prompt.

Macs nr to Halfords will be serving bacon rolls from 0700 hrs on Saturday if thats any use to you???

Hi Guys

Just to say, really enjoyed the day. great fun, good company.

When I eventually arrived at the charity do Pat and I were attending in the evening I was just about Westied out! :D

For once didnt need the brollies! :D

C ya soon

Rob

Rob

Glad you enjoyed it, I think everybody agreed that it was a very enjoyable and informative day. Ian and I got home at around 2030. Ian managed to do a temporary bodge on the leaking core plug using the two part Leak Fix bought from the Jet garage on the corner. There was still a dodgy noise once we got the car started and after a few stabs in the dark as to what it could be, Ian noticed a bolt on the floor under the engine. This led us to the fault.... starter motor falling off!!!. Fixed that then set off for home.

Note - Andy Hawkins.... MSE didn't take a single noise reading all day.

:arse:

I specifically asked about a noise limit on their forums (here), and was told 103dB. That's what they measured me as being last time I was on one of their days, so I figured it would be too close for comfort.

:arse: again.

Andy

Hi Nigel,

The bit on the Seating/Driving position was a bit slow but it certainly had us all thinking about changing the way we sit in the car.

I drove home with the seat moved forward a notch and it was better.

Upgraditus strikes again!!! :D  :D  :D

rob