sva

flanker7

Well I passed and all is well with the world.

Go to Birmingham DVLA office to register and tax it and am told that I have to take it for another inspection to check that my vin plate matches my application form.

But having driven to sva with no plates and no tax, obviously, I cannot drive to the second inspection and must put the car on a trailer. I have no trailer, no 4x4. Wot a pain in the  :arse: any way round this?

Nice one with the SVA, sometimes they will come out to you to inspect the car but TBH it would be quicker to trailer it to them, thats what i did.   Really iritating when you get a mate to give you a lift on a trailer for a 50 minute journey in traffic chucking it down with rain, all the dvla guy does is look at the engine number and chassis number then tells you thats it!! then we trailer it back home for another 50 minutes in the bl**** rain all for 1 minutes worth of the guys time :devil:  :devil:

Not that it innoyed me or anything :D

Good Luck

Karl

Sometimes you can get your local police station to do the same inspection. No idea if this costs anything (probably) but if that's anymore convenient it might be worth a punt.

Alternatively you can just cause a scene in the DVLA place when they all want to go home. ;) Point out that the chassis number has already been checked by the SVA man and, in my case at least, the MOT man, as they unnecessarily insisted on it having an MOT too, and ask if it's really vital that one of their people checks it too.

Worked for me anyway! ;):t-up::D

Technically thats sounds perfect but the letter accompanying the appointment letter is very specific that none of the wheels should be touching the ground!! Wot do you think? Could they impound my car? Plus DVLA Birmingham has all my paperwork they might withhold it if I p*** 'em off.

Naa, you'll be fine. The guy that did my car didn't really care anyway and as long as you are on your way for a MOT you are legal

S

As it happens, I took mine to Birmingham too.   I drove it there, and had to read the chassis number and engine number to the numpty that did the inspection cuz she couldn't find them!

She looked the part though in her hi-visibility jacket and hard hat and she had a really efficient looking clip board too.

Nice to know our taxes are being well spent isn't it.

???????????????

Just over a year ago.

Let's just say I didn't ask too many questions about whether I should drive it to the office, I had the appointment letter, and that was enough for me.

It's just that my letter is very specific about that "none of the wheels should be in contact with the road". The last thing I need is touble with the law  ???   :cool:

If you'e worrying about specifics, point out that the wheels won't be touching the road. The tyres will......