Backwards WEsty

KerryS

Saw a guy at work today about Racelogic GPS equipment who told me he'd been involved with a Westfield - bike engine- with a record? of 106 mph in reverse!!!!!!!!! Driver not allowed to turn round - all done through mirrors :sheep:???

Speechless!

Kerry S

Yep certainley amazing. It was done some time ago now, on a nice big airfield of course and it took him a few atempts to get to that speed. If I recall he was holding on to the steering wheel for dear life as the car just wanted to spin round to face the way they were travelling.

I hold my hat of to the guy, I've got a BEC and I wouldn't contemplate getting out of first gear in reverse let alone get into sixth and do 106 mph. :cool:

Yep saw that a while back.................was very impressive :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

David

Any Video footage........ ???

Unless its been beaten since, wasnt it actually a pink Caterblade that did it with some race driver (Darren Manning possibly) at the wheel?

Chris

yeah.. thats what i thought.. caterham holds the world landspeed recore in reverse.

just found this so it seems catrerhams are a bit *slow* ;):D:p