• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

SEight: Donor Vehicles.

pquinton

Hello all,

I'm looking into building myself an SEight for road use. I've never built a kit car before so I'm a little green behind the gills.

Generally speaking, what parts will I have to get from westfield, and what could I source from donor vehicles?

From the outside it seems that the majority of items that will have to be purchases from westfield are body work related such as windscreen, mirrors etc...

Thanks in advance...

Phil.

Building, Westfield and cheap are words that are rarely used in the same sentence. What do you call cheap?

The cheapest way to get into one is buy a secondhand car and improve it. Oh... you'll also need a chassis from the factory if you go down the new route.

You'll struggle to get into anything half decent for less than £5-6k and probably twice that much if you are building new.

Good luck :D

There is a plethora of info re Seight builds out there. I'm happy to chat to you as I was in a similar position 2 years ago and am nearing the completion of mine. You've done the best thing and that is to join the club. I made a few dangler ups early on by not being part of the club and there are plenty of ways to build yourself a stonking V8 westy. I would in retrospect have bought a starter kit as it gives you more scope for the finished article.Check out the WSCC archives and there's a useful technical source in the SEight mailing list on sevens.net. If you want a chat PM me

Dave