Westfield 11

Ian Podmore

Interesting. I understood they had to kill off the 11 because the headlights were too low to get through type approval (and therefore SVA) and they tried raising them but it looked daft so they knocked it on the head... is this true or just a load of  :arse:

i was just about to post the same topic as I had just been on pistonheads!

i wander what engine they are planning to run with it and what if any chassis mods have been made?

anybody know if it is going to be an identical car or whether its going to be a "modernised" version?

I spoke to Richard at Donington last year and he confirmed his interest in reviving the car.

The issue was SVA approval and whether or not their profit margin could be maintained.

Chris had earlier last year confirmed that the body molds are complete and that they could supply me with replacements as needed.

The chassis drawings still exist and manufacture would be a phone call away.

All the molds for the perspex also exist although not at the factory.

However, there were a number of issues to be resolved for example, the Eleven was built before the term radius had been hijacked by SVA

offensive or art ???

silly or stupid ???

tis only a person wearing a chicken on theyre knickers

Its just plain foul :p Reminds me of Mr Bean for some unknown reason ???

They should relaunch the "sport" that was around in 93/94. Dave Drew the then wscc chairman built one. A slightly modernised shape of 11. VEEEEERY NICE

i wander what engine they are planning to run with it and what if any chassis mods have been made?

anybody know if it is going to be an identical car or whether its going to be a "modernised" version?

I saw a quote from Richard Smith that suggested that it was to be as per the 'original', i.e. MG Midget based.  Is only a limited run of 50 cars ???

see here

they do look lovely

I wander if an r1 would fit ???

one of the projects I would like to undertake if I had the money and time is a midget with an R1, i think that would be a hoot :D

OiOi

The engine bay/gearbox tunnel will take almost anything. The last batch made by Westfield in 1985 had V8s.

Bren, who owns the Sliders guest house near the 'ring owns one with an Alfa Twin Cam, Ford Box and adjustable, rose jointed suspension.

Are bike engines practicable with a 'live' read axle?

I've looked at Toyota, 'K' series, 16v (180bhp) 'A' series and  turbo 8v conversions but decided that leaving well alone was appropriate.

The car will never go around corners as fast as a se7en because the track is so much narrower and there isn't room for wide wheels/tyres but if you want to pose, nothing comes close for the money.

Are bike engines practicable with a 'live' read axle?

I've seen a bike engined eleven a couple of times at Croft trackdays, he was using a "moggie thou" or midget live axle. At the time, I think he was having trouble with the axle ratio being too low, hitting max revs half way down the straight.

but if you want to pose, nothing comes close for the money.

Agree entirely... is there much space inside for the more errr... generously propotioned driver?