Taking sweets from a Baby.

Bananaman

I went to Oulton Park (trackday) yesterday & got talking to this guy who was prepping a Cateringvan Acadamy car for the driver.

I was asking him about the car & he told me that it's a 1600K series cost about £17K   :durr:

I said that he could have got a car like mine for that money & he started going on about how much better Cateringvans were............... :zzz:

Any way I said that mine would beat his any day of the week so he rose to the baite & said how much, so not wanting to upset him too much I said £10. ;)

About 5 mins later I started my car up & he came out of the garage looking all  :blush:

Why are these guys so blinkered........ ???  ???

You should have taken him to the cleaners with a safe bet like that. You could have made some real money there...

Must try that when I have my new engine it cos they will think it's a pinto with the exhaust on the drivers side

So did you beat him on the track as well then Andy, or just rev it a bit and blow him out the garage with the exhaust  :D  :D  :D

Must try that when I have my new engine it cos they will think it's a pinto with the exhaust on the drivers side

And what's wrong with a pinto,  :p

Quite right Old Bean (Alan, actually!;):p

Nowt wrong with a pint :xmas:

Not many Pintos making 280bhp without a turbo.  :p  :D Think thats what Paul is looking at  :devil:

So did you beat him on the track as well then Andy, or just rev it a bit and blow him out the garage with the exhaust  :D  :D  :D

I think he was doing 2:18'ish

I was doing sub 2:00'ish

Not that any timing was beeing done......... :D  :devil:

I was there to get some time in the seat & test a few settings......It got fun later on with firm settings & rain.... plenty of  :arse: out action especially round Lodge.

Felt a bit soory for the guy with the BMW CSL who had a meeting with the tyres just after Knickerbrook... :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :arse:  :down:

Just out of interest, how much is the cheapest complete westfield kit, ie including engine, gearbox and all the other bits you need apart from fluids such as engine oil etc.

The academy series includes race tuition and entry fees to several events, the downside is that you have to buy a brand new car (although you get to keep whats left of it at the end of the year) and that its an entry-level model with only about 115bhp.

Just out of interest, how much is the cheapest complete westfield kit, ie including engine, gearbox and all the other bits you need apart from fluids such as engine oil etc.

At the moment the cheapest complete kit from the factory will be £12,999.  Have a look here.  I guess performance wise it is similar to the academy cars - but aimed more at road use.

whereas a 1.4k caterham classic is £49 cheaper. I reckon you could by a 1.6K series engine for £49! :p

I am not sure I like the cost of the options list though.

Steering wheel: £250

LSD: £750......

Thank god westfields depreciate more than caterhams! I couldn't afford one otherwise :blues:

On the subject of depreciation ......

Would be interested to know how much a Westy Kit cost in lets say

1994 ?  (ten year old )

Anyone ?

Presume it was the International circuit.

At 2:18 the guy is way off the pace.Sub 2's is pretty impressive though and would beat any of the Caterhams with less than 140 bhp.

MikeW