MMmmmm Nice!

Mike dB

Wilwood Billet Aluminium Calipers Dynalite (4 pot) Front (Each) £99.95

From the ADR price list, is this correct????????????

Check out the Rally Design (I *think* Rally Design are the main Wilwood agent in the UK) catalogue by way of comparison as they show them as GBP84.50 ex-VAT.

Their kits include all the mounting hardware like brackets, bolts and also a pair of discs (plus the necessary machining of the calipers where necessary).

That said, the calipers are only $103 each in the US (so about GBP65 or so).

i have the part number of my willwood and recommend them our friend nick may find us a contact to buy in the future and save pounds?

:t-up:

Was at ADR last week and can confirm that it is a very well engineered piece of kit. The road car is only available from Tiger and is about £18k I think. Still very good value. The times they are producing with the race car are very good. Road car not been tested, but I suspect it will be even quicker as the race car only has 90Bhp, while the road car is available with about 170Bhp.

i have the part number of my willwood and recommend them our friend nick may find us a contact to buy in the future and save pounds?

:t-up:

Getting the calipers is probably the easy bit - making them fit the cars is the tricky bit of the excercise as, certainly on my calipers, Rally Design get them machined to fit the bracketry used to mount them on the Cortina uprights.  Might just be a product of the kit I bought (for standard sized, unvented discs) as I seem to recall the bigger disc conversions not needing any such machining (although the discs weighed a tonne !!!;).

I put the Westfield Wilwood vented kit on my locost and even though I'm using standard Cortina uprights, I still had to do some fettling to get them to fit. Firstly the mounting brackets wouldnt bolt onto the mounting points on the upright unless i ground off some excess metal on the upright, and then to get the disk running through the centre of the caliper, I had to shim the mounting bracket away from the upright slightly with some large penny washers.

Chris