1st, (and maybe last), trackday)

brianm

OK guys,

The

guy that designed and built my car said that I must get it on "the track" :oops:

Well never been anywhere near one except as a spectator but have booked in for Mallory this year.

So any advise? any does and don'ts?, apart from don't crash and do stay on the track :oops:

What are the rules and regs regarding fuel containers in the paddock? ie, do you have to use marked containers, steel jerry cans etc, or will industrial type  plasy 25 ltr containers suffice?

Apart from oil catch tank and marked batterry leads anything I need to be aware of?

I am approaching this with a fifty/fifty mix of fear and exitement  :(  :D  :(  :D  :(  :D  :(  :D

B.

Noise is the big issue at most track days - but not at Mallory apparently. Just do the usual stuff - tyres, fluids etc. Might be worth checking brake pads etc. as well. If you're driving to the event rather than trailering then make sure you've got a fair bit of tread as you'll burn some off  and getting caught by the fuzz :blush: on the way home is not the best way to finish your day.

Oh - and when you come to lap some old codger in a well  abused red SEI -  then be gentle with him. Please. :D

Oh - and when you come to lap some old codger in a well  abused red SEI -  then be gentle with him. Please.  

Hmmm, somewhat doubtful. ;)  :D,Who gets the choice to start from last? (readymade excuse)  :devil:  :devil:

B.

All your fears will soon disapear when your out on track with your foot flat on the floor. As regards to car other than having a catch tank fitted just make sure all levels are right and nuts & bolts are all at there correct tightness, we don't want anything falling off now do we?