• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

New kid on the block

Ellers

Hello to one and all.

This is my first post. I have been considering building/buying a car for some time now and after much soul searching I'm 99.9% certain I'm going to buy a Westfield. In fact I'm planning to take a trip over to Kingswinford on Monday to look at the 2nd hand cars that are currently on their website.

I've decided not to build my own since it would take too long and I want to be able to drive the thing whilst I'm still flexible enough to get in and out. Am I too old at 56 to be contemplating this?

Welcome aboard.

Make sure you take a look at the cars that are for sale both on here and at the other usual places (FindIt, PistonHeads and AutoTrader are worth a look).

I doubt at 56 you'll be the oldest Westfield owner here!

I trust you'll be joining the club?

:)

Andy

Welcome :)

Too old? Nope. One of our members was known to drive his V8 beastie to the Post Office to pick up his pension. At 56, he would have regarded you as a whippersnapper :D

Once you've had a look at the factory cars, do have a look around the web, starting with our very own selection of cars in the for sale area.

Also check out www.findit.co.uk

What you buy will depend on how good you are with a set of spanners, and what use you intend to put the car to.

There is *lots* of buying advice already on here, so may I respectfully suggest that you have a trawl of the site, using the excellent search facility. Most buying advice questions have been answered in full, and then some. If you have any questions to add, feel free to put them up, and we'll do our best to help you along.

Thanks for the kind words chaps. I have been looking for a few months now but it's not like walking into a "normal" car showroom where you know what you are looking at and everything is built to a standard. I went to talk to the guys at Northampton Motorsport this morning for advice. They were really helpful.

This is more to do with realising a dream and reliving (recovering) my youth. Call it a belated mid-life crisis if you will. Most of the time I'll just be driving around and trying to find country pubs around Northants and Bedfordshire. However, judging from the messages that appear on this site I'll find it difficult to resist the pull of track days and such.

Welcome Ellers,

If you do not buy one on Monday, then you are more than welcome to look round the various cars that attend the Northants area meet.  

Whatever the outcome, you would be made most welcome at the meets, car or no car, every 4th Wednesday at the Aviator at Sywell.

The first Sunday run is being planned for next weekend, would be good to see you. :t-up:

Rich.

Cheers Rich. Can't make the Sunday but the 28th meet is definately do-able. Incidentally, isn't about now that someone should be prompting me about membership? :)  Can I join on the 28th?

Ellers,

You can go to the membership tab on the home page and download a form, if not I will bring you one on the 28th.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow at the factory.

Rich.