help wanted

chairemangeezer

A friend of mine "does" messaging at work. It just seems to me that if he's got that much to say to some-one he knows well enough to say it to, he should pick up the phone.

The difference I find with IM is that a conversation can be held while you're in the middle of something else.

You don't necessarily get an 'instant' response...(if they're doing something else for example) but you can still follow the full thread of a conversation even if you get breaks in it.

I think I'm rambling... :down:

Must be that very nice Bordeaux.

Hic!

Andy

You are...

The difference I find with IM is that a conversation can be held while you're in the middle of something else.

You don't necessarily get an 'instant' response...(if they're doing something else for example) but you can still follow the full thread of a conversation even if you get breaks in it.

Yeah, but we (us BB users) seem to manage to hold dozens of conversations spanning several days, weeks, and sometimes months, covering any number of subjects. How would IM be better?

Other people don't have to read the off topic drivel (such as this).

;)

Oh, and if I were on the phone to you, it'd wake Luned :D

Andy

:D

I've still got a couple of mouthfuls of Boardeaux to finish :)

Andy

Hi All

Thanks for the replies.  I was led to believe that Chatsworth's had closed, as nobody seemed to know where he was!! Not even John Nobles!!

I am glad to see that my thread didn't go to waste!!

Regards

Pete :)  :)  ;)

Other people don't have to read the off topic drivel (such as this).

Andy has a strong case here  :D  ???  :p  :oops:

David