• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Shockers & Springs

smegablade

Hi All

First post so be gentle with me

I have just started the build on a Megablade and need some advice on what shock absorbers, size etc and what weight springs to use.

Car will mostly be used for road with a little track thrown in but nothing serious

All advice gratefully received

Welcome aboard. The recognised experts in this field are Cat Motorsport. Give them a bell, very helpful by all accounts.

Andy

Failing that the factory. Mine is a standard factory set up with ARB's and sticks like s..t to a blanket ... but at the same time nice and supple for the road.

By the way, don't s'pose you need a factory manifold and can do you? I have replaced mine and rather than bin the old stuff I wondered it there is a market for it 2nd hand. It's a bit tatty and a few welds need attention on the manifold but nothing that couldn't be sorted with a bit of TLC. I was only after a nominal amount for it. Seems a waste just to bin it.

Cheers,

Nicko

Have a look at my website (under specifications)... the front shock/springs that CAT recommend are fine but I found the rear ones waaaay to long and had them replaced free by CAT (very good chaps they are too).

Your bits will be on their way to you today or tomorrow BTW... I found all the nuts and bolts that went with it, so I'll send them along as well.

JC