Best Driving Sims

CharliePsycho

I've just started an internet cafe in North Devon (the only one in North Devon!!!;) and I fancy running some of the PC's as gaming machines on certain days (maybe depends how much the kids iratate me...)

Prob is being a geek, I don't play games! There are more interesting things to do on a PC as far as I am concerned...

However, as I have observed; teenagers will actually pay to play these things!!! they spend hours at the moment looking for free online games...

So, having a couple of forcefeedback steering wheels (purchased for the grand sum of £10!!;) I fancy putting on something like the network version of Colin Mcrae rally, or the like...

What do you guys recomend? network racing offends my sensibilities less than the gory Network doom... and might not destroy all the keyboards!!!

PC Specs are not great, but adequate... 1800mhz Durons with 256mb ram and built in graphics (64mb). I'll prob put 2-4 of the PC's over to games.

Cheers...

...©

I've played GPL, Toca, Toca2, Toca Race Driver 2, Colin McRae 2 & 3, V-rally and Rally Championship...plus some forgettable others.

A true "SIM" needs a wheel. The best true "SIM" IMHO is either Rally Championship or GPL (though I'm yet to play Toca Race Driver 2 with a wheel).

However, the easiest "games" to setup and play online was Toca Race Driver 2...and by a long way.

Where's the cafe?

Good luck hope it all goes well  :t-up:

Hmm i fear your low spec machines will struggle with new games .

Toca 2 would probably be best due to the diverse nature of cars and tracks to be driven but its fairly taxing on a machine and with 256mb and onboard graphics it will run pretty poorly .

GPL is great but old now..And is a pure sim.  Great if you have the time but not alot of good for kids to pick up and play.

Gp4 might be ok but still more of a sim than a arcade racer so might be a bit much for kids.

Might be worth looking at NFSU (Need for speed Underground) it has all the bling bling cars...Arcade handling and network and online play.

Best solution imo is get a couple of xboxs and PGR2 ..  Loads of fun and looks lovely .

If you need any further help feel free to ask

Regards

Darren

Having a little interest in this area I would recomend anyb of the ISI F1 games which have heaps of free mods and are fairly novice friendly.  Another game that works pretty well on a LAN and is fairly user friendly for those not dedicated to sim racing would be SCGT.  Loads of add on tracks and cars and well suited to the sort of spec PC you have there.

GPL is also a great game on line but not really easy to master.  It, and it's successors in Papyrus NASCAR games, can handle huge LAN/online fields.

Both GPL and SCGT are very cheap and generally available on Ebay and the like.

Matt

PC Specs are not great, but adequate... 1800mhz Durons with 256mb ram and built in graphics (64mb). I'll prob put 2-4 of the PC's over to games.

Hmmm

TestDrive 1 might run, 2 would be a bit of a stretch

:p