OT: TOCA 2 race driver

Peter Cox

"Sad and lonely old b******d"...because I have been known to play TOCA 2 race driver online against other IP addresses on the odd occasion.

Not that it's anything like the real thing but does anyone else do this?

That's not one I've played online...been thinking of getting it.

Trouble with online racing is you always seem to get the odd A*** who things it's great to pile into everyone on purpose at the start...

Andy

must admit after finally finishing futurama i have been playing vice city a bit lately, but i do find it a bit sad to play against other people on line. theres a real world out ther dont forget  :p  ;)

For on line race sims, it doesn't get much better than Grand Prix Legends, IMHO. Sure, it takes a bit of setting up, and the occasional alteration to a file or two in the game, but the cars and tracks.... ooooh baby...

If only I had the time and money to get a new wheel.... :(

Blatters

With 9260 odd posts plus all the reading and thinking (OK so not all that much thinking) and searching (especially for others) time you spend on this site...

I don't know how you find time to work at all :p

I don't know how you find time to work at all :p

I don't think he does...he's always on here (a bit like me...ahem)

:)

Andy

For on line race sims, it doesn't get much better than Grand Prix Legends, IMHO. Sure, it takes a bit of setting up, and the occasional alteration to a file or two in the game, but the cars and tracks.... ooooh baby...

If only I had the time and money to get a new wheel.... :(

GPL did have great graphics but was always a bit of a faff (sp?) for me (especially as my last HDD went SNAFU uith all the GPL config clanges I'd painstakingly made).

However, now tlat I have a new machine, your post has inspired me to try again.

I've got a MS FF Sidewinder wheel and pedal set that has a gameport plug. My new machine only has USB ports. I've tried to install a game port on a 3rd party sound card but the machine still won't run the game port. Any way of converting a game port peripheral to USB?

Failing that, do you need a MS FF Sidewinder wheel and pedal set (with software) - only drawback is that the wheel works off a serial port, rather than USB...offers?

I used TOCA2 to learn all the tracks at the beginning of last season - not tried it online though.  I now have broadband so could give it a go.....

Peter.

My machine only has USB ports free. I have *no idea* what a game port even looks like. I'm not a serious gamer, but I do like to dabble when I have a quiet moment... which is not often these days. My wheel has been U/S for over a year.....

Blatters

With 9260 odd posts plus all the reading and thinking (OK so not all that much thinking) and searching (especially for others) time you spend on this site...

I don't know how you find time to work at al :p

I don't sleep......

Good site for Toca Race Driver .....

here

has mods that let you race online with 30 tacks per series

and for vice city try .....

this

lets you play VC online against others!

I am a sad muppet

picked up toca 2 race driver for the xbox at the weekend, passes the time until I can get a drivers car for real  :p