• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Chice of Colour

Mitchamidilly

OK so I have already learnt that we all have our own opinion. I have decided to go for Post Office Red because a) I like it and b)More likely to be seen c)Daughters choice

Some have commented on the fact this colour bleaches in the sunlight. Can anyone shed light on this? This will be my "toy" and will only come out on a sunny day most likely and will always be garaged.

Cheers,

Mitch

My sdv i am building is also post office red

also my mates  old westie is post office red and thats not bleached i think its how you look after them. :t-up:

Red is an excellent colour and favoured by all the cooool westy owners  :p

I keep mine in the garage and under a breathable cover....it's six years old and the colour is as good as the day it left the factory.

Cheers Chris... Decision is well and truely made! Red it is. With all the shiney bits of course:p

red when its painted on will fade as red is the thinnest colour.

should be fine as a gel coat as this is a lot thicker than paint  :t-up:

Some of the early red cars faded badly and they end up brown... but the newer red is much better.

Mine is a '93 in red and the colour is still spot on. A couple of tips for keeping that way:

1) Make sure it always has a good coating of a high quality car wax on it.

2) Always cover it when not in use. However, I always allow mine time to cool down before covering it to prevent any condensation build up underneath the cover.

As for cover, I just use a couple of cotten bed sheets... cheap, easy to clean and as others that know my car will tesitify, do a fine job of protecting it from fading.

BTW I heard that red cars are more likely to be in an accident from someone pulling out on you.

Might be 801105k5 though.

I have an '87 pre lit in post office red - well the sides are post office red, but the top is more burnt orange......

I have been told that the pigment in more recent Westfields (i.e. the vast majority) is far more UV stable.

Red is apparently the most difficult colour to make stable, a lot of 10 year old red cars are gradually going lighter.

Red is an excellent colour and favoured by all the cooool westy owners.

Just keep it well polished and covered when not in use, sure it will be fine!