• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Build liability

johnnystorm

Nigel

I don't know which academic year you are thinking of for your project, but if it's of any help, I am due to collect the "Special offer" kit on September 4 from Westfield and you'd be welcome to have a look at the pile of bits. I have referred to it as a full-scale Tamiya kit which has amused some folks. I know Lowestoft is some way away from Derby but if you're at Donnington for the show that weekend I am very close.

Our school project - some 40 years ago was to create a school bus out of an ex-army Austin ambulance AND we got it registered with one of the new-fangled year letters on the end. 'Twas good fun I remember. We'd borrowed a compressor for the painting and had great fun poking the output hose down the carburettor to see if we could blow it up by reving it faster!

Kerry S

If I want advice on how to fix my Westfield, I come here.

If I want advice on my health, I go to a doctor.

If I want advice on my liability, I go to... A Westfield forum?

Liability is a serious issue and can cost more than a kit car, I am sure.

What does one consultation with a solicitor in England cost?

If I want advice on my liability, I go to... A Westfield forum?

Liability is a serious issue and can cost more than a kit car, I am sure.

What does one consultation with a solicitor in England cost?

I don't doubt you are right, but surely its logical to come onto a Westie forum to ask about the liabilities of selling on said vehicle after its been made my yourself? I imagine there are a number of people who have both sold/bought homebuilds and the topic of liability might have cropped up. I suppose I was just a bit spooked when my dream activity which has required a great deal of effort to achieve appeared to be for nothing, I needed a quick fix-pick me up! :D

I just bought a kit from Westfield and they made a point that all parts are guarateed from the date of the SVA test regardless of the biuld time. One of their customers has been at it for five years and still has no body work!

Mitch.

BTW I built and raced go-carts at school. We got into trouble at the schools 50cc race event as a girl in our group won her first event. It was clear we have erm bent the rules (teachers fault) by:

Max Oversize to 69c

100 cc carb

She won despite being in third all the way round as she quote forgot to change gear.

Regarding liability, if the car has passed SVA (which can take upto 8hrs) it is regarded as roadworthy by the Vehicle Inspectorate -  as they are a gov body and will give you a certficate to prove it's passed (take a copy before registering the car) you should be fairly well covered in terms of liability issues. ( Normal caveats about keeping it maintained will apply though).

Good luck - go for it