HHH Insurance - now Norwich Union Direct

chrisbin

Well, after spending most of the morning going around in circles involving HHH head office, Norwich Union call centre in India, Norwich Union UK, Peterboro' office of HHH etc etc etc

(you get the picture)

I have finally got a result!

NU have insured for £2 less than premium paid to HHH last year........and as I'm an HHH conversion I've been given a £50 cashback to be paid in 28 days.. :)  :)  :) RESULT!

And the premium is no more than quotes obtained from FJ and MSM. So I think I've done OK!

So, anyone in the same position where they have previously been with HHH you need to talk to the "Phoenix Team" at Norwich Union direct on 0800 0154942.

I dealt with Tasha who was very helpful and also had a personality!!

Hope this may help others avoid the hassle I have experienced. :t-up:

I dealt with Tasha who was very helpful and also had a personality!!

did you get her mobile number  :devil:   ;)

I once got phoned by the local health authority as I had been to the doctors with a reportable disease - see the best motion thread - anyway got chatting to the lass about where i'd got the disease etc and she had stayed in the same guest house in thailand etc etc etc

she sounded cute on the phone......

;)  ;)  :devil:  :love:  :love:  :cool:  :cool:

I once had a regular contact with a gorgeous sounding girl who worked for Gestetner - do you remember those rotary duplicating machines?   (OK, I'm showing my age now)

This went on for months, and after she sent me a birthday card, I thought why not go down to Reading, and meet her.

BIG BIG MISTAKE :(:(:(:(:(

There is a thread on blatchat (clicky) about the same subject, except in that case the premium went up from £300 to £900. Maybe NU dont like Caterhams - I'm sure you'll enjoy discussing this one :devil:

:)

edited to say the NU call centre in India is crap, or at least it was when I spoke to them a few weeks ago about our tintop

Norwich Union call centre in India

or so you'd think from the nonsensical staff they employ.

it gets me that companies actually employ 'front line' staff that are virtually impossible to understand! (that includes scots and welsh irish too... i'm not being racist here btw....but whats wrong with employing english people)

They all do it too.. banks, airlines, ntl... t*ssers

[/rant]

:p:D:D

Agreed. Nothing worse than a "front line " staffer who neither understands, or can speak decent articulate English.

*Many* is the time I've asked to speak to a person who's first language is English, and no, I don't *ever* feel bad, guilty, or racist when doing so.....

but whats wrong with employing english people

They all do it too.. banks, airlines, ntl... t*ssers

[/rant]

:p:D:D

Afraid you're too expensive..........simple as that !!

(btw I fully agree with the point though!;)

p.s. what pi$$es me off is all the complaining and anguish over these service sector jobs going offshore......when no one cared when it was the manufacturing sector. When an old MD of mine made his views known in Westminster he was greeted with the response that manufacturing wasnt "important" cos the service sector was where it was at...... :bangshead:  :bangshead:

/rant over

• 2 weeks later...

Was about to go for a blat in the nice morning weather and new my insurance was due sometime ish soon so thought I would check. Ran out 6 days ago. :o.

I am/was with HHH and so rang them to say what is this take over thingy about. Basically, NU always owned HHH but are now taking things in house. Plus I hadn't had a renewal notification (ok I know my fault for not checking but still a bit off! ). They told me the number to ring (reported by chrisbin) and could NU Direct find my insurance details!?? er no! Started to give me a quote but then ran into difficulties almost straight away - what is a westfield!? How many doors :p  :D  :p  :durr:  Anyway got put on hold while he tracked down the type of car with some technical team.

Sensing difficulties I dialed up this posting to check that the phone number was correct. Seeing the words speak to the "pheonix team" (risen from the ashes!?!?) mentioned I then asked to speak with the phoenix team to which he said he was. Carried on and bingo a quote appears without asking too many questions.

£1500 and something fully comp.

:(  :(  :(

Apparently I am group 20! In with the Lambos etc  :D

Laughable only because this posting braced me for some trouble!

They are honouring existing HHH customers but clearly don't want to touch new kit car business with a barge poll. The stupid thing was they (NU Direct) didn't have my insurance details - they blaimed HHH for not transferring them across to their database or for sending them on to someone else instead. Without this information my quote wasn't likely to be half sensible.

Anyway I phone back HHH saying NU Direct have no record. I was told this isn't first time he has heard this said and that HHH have nothing to do with it - since all the database records were transferred across to NU Direct as of the 1st June.

So basically to me it sounds like NU direct are not keen on keeping existing kit car customers! And they appear not to new business from kit car customers .... with a price of £1500 odd.

HHH were a really good company, at least dealing with them, and they did have competitative quotes. It is sad to see them getting them fully absorbed by NU Direct.

So I am now with MSM and feeling quite happy since...

1.) NU Direct have never ever been competitative with my tin top car quotes. So 1500 lambo category quote is no exception for the westie.

2.) When I heard about NU Direct using Indian (or any other overseas) call centres I vowed not to use them......   It is said Britain is a service indutry nation so if service industry goes elsewhere then what!.... but then discovered the Westie might end up being insured with them!  :down: So since their sloppy attitude (no renewal, crazy quote and washing hands of sorry we can't find your policy record) clearly indicates they don't want the business then I am only too glad they haven't got it.

The above is all my opinion/observation naturally.

I have another one for the list while we are on NU Direct.

Already had insurance with them for my tin top and wanted to get an new car (Clio 182 Sport). So I gave them a call for a quote on changing the car on my policy, before I put the deposit on the car the following day.

They couldn't find the 182 on the system so I got them to give me a quote on the 172 (the model the 182 replaced) knowing from previous quotes it wouldn't be far off. The quote was OK so I was told to call back when I had the full reg and they would confirm it for me.

Next day put deposit on the car in the morning and called them back in the evening to get the final quote. When I was told they couldn't insure me because I wasn't 25. So I got them to check it on the 172 again (as they had given me a quote the day before) and I was told that they couldn't insure me on that either as I wasn't 25.

After trying to talk to the guys manager and a could of calls to the underwriters I managed to get insurance for a few quid more that the quote the day before.

I won't be re-newing my insurance with them next year.

Dan

I once had a regular contact with a gorgeous sounding girl who worked for Gestetner - do you remember those rotary duplicating machines?   (OK, I'm showing my age now)

This went on for months, and after she sent me a birthday card, I thought why not go down to Reading, and meet her.

BIG BIG MISTAKE :(:(:(:(:(

Just always bear in mind that if a girl is a) Good looking and b) has a great personality; she is not going to be working in a call centre  :devil:

Not renewed this year with NU Direct on my other car, renewel went up £100 for no reason at all  :arse:

Tried to contact them and discuss the price etc and after trying to make myself understood in English i gave up  :down:

Felt like i needed to start drawing pictures to make myself understood (sorry not being Racist, but that's how i felt)

Went with another company and asked NU Direct for proof of no claims and received a thankyou for renewing my policy (which i hadn't)

makes you wonder what would happen if you needed to make a claim  :bangshead:  :down:

Eventually managed to find somebody English and it was sorted within days  ???

Slight thread drift but I used to have a Defender 110 Station Wagon - with 12 seats. Fuggin' 'ell.

"It must be a PSV sir. We only insure cars"

"Have you modified it and added more seats? It can't more than eight. That'd be illegal"

and so on for about an hour. In the end gave up and actually got a reasonable deal from Land Rover themselves...