• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Does anyone know Ian Lord??

karlos

Curious if anyone here knows Ian, or even if he's on this forum.  This is his car on the SBD website.

The reason being is he has the same engine & carbs as myself (2.0 XE with twin 48 Dellortos) and I could do with a bit of advise on what jets etc to use in the carbs.  Since he already has this combination running sucessfully I'm hoping I could get some help  :)

Thanks!

Try the jetting program(me) on Dave Andrews web site. It correctly "guessed" the requirements for my 48's on my Atmo Cossie...

Try the jetting program(me) on Dave Andrews web site. It correctly "guessed" the requirements for my 48's on my Atmo Cossie...

Hmmm, tried that, and it only suggests 48's for peak power at 7000 rpm  :0  

Not sure if I have those "thingy" bolts to allow that kinda rpm (yep... Know the lingo me  :p )

Will they be Ok for lower rpm... 6 - 6.5k for example??

Standard Vx rod bolts should be fine up to 6500, amd *maybe 7000, BUT changing them for ARP bolts isn't difficult. It's a worthwhile way to spend an afternoon, IMHO....

Unless you have extensive mods to the engine that actually *require* 48's, then 45's are the optimum choice. It'll be nasty at low revs on 48's, and tickover may well be either higher than you want, or erratic.

Standard Vx rod bolts should be fine up to 6500, amd *maybe 7000, BUT changing them for ARP bolts isn't difficult. It's a worthwhile way to spend an afternoon, IMHO....

Unless you have extensive mods to the engine that actually *require* 48's, then 45's are the optimum choice. It'll be nasty at low revs on 48's, and tickover may well be either higher than you want, or erratic.

Cheers for the input Blatman, because these carbs were bought by the previous owner second hand, I think I'll spend £50 on a recon kit, and go for the jets the jetting program recommended and see how they go,  fingers crossed  :t-up:

Then if necessary go down to a set of 45's after selling the 48's on eBay perhaps.

I reckon you'll have no problems shifting the 48's. A trawl of Motorsport News (out yesterday) classifieds may well reveal that a deal can be struck whereby you exchange the 48's for a set of 45's with one of the many second hand spares dealers that can be found advertising their wares...

Yeah

I work with him...

i don't think he gets on here, but i can get a message to him

Gav

Cheers Gav, you have PM