20K to spend But which model

R.B

(Hello all) be careful with me im new and fragile :)

It might be possible that me and my brother are going to put money together and buy a xtr2 ????????

However if he dont i have around 20k to spend on a westie after my p1 has gone.

I have a couple of questions if some of you can answer these.

(1)Which model (I like the megabusa) and it needs to be good on track.

(2)Which are the most reliable the motorbike or car engined cars.

(3)What do i need to look for when buying one.

(4)Where can you get these serviced. (im in Derbyshire)

Thanks

Richard........

Hi Richard,

You've come to the right place to ask, and 20K will buy you a lot of car.

First thing you should do - is join the club, and go along to a few local area meetings.   You will see lots of cars in lots of configurations.   I'm sure the owners will pass on their thoughts, and even take you for a ride.   XTR2s are rather a rare comodity at the moment, but there are a few about.

One thing you can guarantee is that the advice given will be unbiased.

Have you booked a Westfield experience at the factory yet?

Spend 10K on a kit for the 7 type car and 10K on a Raceline Duratec and £10 on Pampers for adults.

Should come out at aroumd 480bhp/tonne or better

Paul.

Hi Richard

John Nobels in Chesterfield are ideal for any work for the Sevens daling mainly with Cateringvans but are happy to do work on any type.  They normaly have a few in at any one time.  They can do all the normal servicing and all car engine work, not sure about the bike stuff though.  If you are going down the bike option Stuart Taylor Motorsport in Nottingham are now doing the Pheonix with the bike engines in and always seem happy to offer advice when I have dealt with them.

There is also Tranzpower at Chesterfield who can do all of you suspension set up and geometry work if you are serious about getting the best out of it on the track.

I am not connected with any of the above companys but have always been happy with the service I have had from them and they are on my doorstep.

I would recomend going down to the Notts and Derbyshire meet or the new Mid Derbyshire meet details of both should be on the events section.

Happy hunting

Rob

If you want it just for the track MegaBusa everytime.

If you want to use it quite a bit on the road, then Westfieldmans choice of a Duratech will be great.

I have a MegaBusa that I use for trackday's and I love it. 6 speed sequential gearbox and light weight at around 460KG. I tend not to use my car on the road that much so I can put up with the 7K revs at 80MPH  :)

Cheers

Bazzer

This Thursday evening from 18:30 onwards at the Old Crown in Shardlow.

For map see link below:

Old Crown, Shardlow

See you on Thursday.  Weather's looking good, so should be a fair few cars out.

Rich,

our XTR2 is back in derby now...engine will be going back in this weekend all being well.  Drop me a mail if you fancy popping over for a look.  Say hi to Mr Davis for me...and tell him he is welcome too.

Went to westfield today and was very impressed with the factory and the build quality.

Looked at the XTR2 looks very nice but it dont look like its going to be practical.

But we did see an Megabusa in orange with carbon fibre parts on it and it looked the stunning.

We fell in love and were sold there and then,now just need to shift a p1 / m3 and we going down to order one  :D

IF IT WAS ANYONES CAR FROM HERE ITS THE DOGS MATE.

*ahem cough*  :D  :D  :D  :D

Do I need to say anything about joining the WSCC  ???  ???  :D  :D  :D  ;)  :)

Join before you sell your M3 or P1  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)  :D

R.B.

You'll find all you need by clicking Here

Wrox - You speelt Naomi rong  :D  :D  ;)  :D  :devil: