Blade Engine still missing slightly at 6500 revs

mark240973

Blade engine still not running right. it's an 893 with std airbox, and I have just balanced the carbs, but still get stuttering at about 5000-6500revs. It's right where you need power to over take things!

Balancing the carbs just made the problem occur over a wider rev range, but it does pull better, but not cleanly.

Is the art exhaust still effecting the performance? As this is the only non standard part not from the original bike.

Would re-jetting sovle all this?

If so, exaclty what's involved with jetting a 893 megablade with a pipercross foam filter.

I understand I need a dynajet kit from TTS, but what do you do with it? Do you replace all the main jets and get new needles in the kit? etc.

I have heard you have to block of some other airjets or somthing too! Dynajet instructions will tell me what ones I assume?

Is it really worth doing yourself, or just better taking it to a rolling road guy? Trouble is you need to find a good one who knows bike engines.

Can anyone recommend a tunning guy in gloucestershire / avon area? I thought there was one near Castle Combe.

Sorry for all the questions guys, but I tend to store them all up in one go!

Thanks in advance!

The TTS kit takes about an hour to fit... needle/main jet/spring and blocking of the top center air hole thingy. Pretty simple stuff to do.

Tell them what air filter you're using and Bob is in fact my uncle.

my engine suffered the same thing i tried some injection system cleaner in the petrol first cant remember the name but will find it tomoz.after this my throttle cable snapped when i took off the pipercross filter i found that one of the screws holding the ali plate to the carbs was loose and the rubber gasket wasnt sealing properly problem soon rectified .scream right through to 11000 now:D :D:D