vx Tubo??????

skid

is there a kit to turbo a vx and who makes it .

is it good and does it go well and what HP would be expected.

what is the cost???????

Vauxhall built some Calibra Turbos didn't they ??   Maybe take a look at one of those to see how easy it might be to fit the whole package into a Westy.  If you can get a Cossie turbo in there then the VX has got to be a pissabolity too I'd have thought.

Other companies who may have done a turbo installation might be Courtenay and Regal - a quick search of the interweb should find their web-sites.

the C20LET from the cav & calibra turbo gives you 204bhp and 206ftlb standard

same as the 20XE lump, just with different cams, pistons, management and a KKK turbo on the front.

its a compact unit, should fit ok and theres some interesting tuning being done to them, but you will need to find space for a decent intercooler

a nice lump will set you back 800-1200 i reckon

or you could (more expensive) T3 the XE

You not find the space to fit the XE turbo under the westy bonnet,due unfortunatelyto inadequate clearance on the induction side,

however I am at the moment actively searching for a late,ie, astra turbo as fitted to latest astra coupe and vx 220 Turbo for my next project. So if you find one I'll have it :D  :D  :D

Brian.

no imagination  :p  ;)

i know people who put these into minis! you could run a turbo&TB setup or just custom plenum.

thing is tho, why is there not enough room? its the same inlet as the standard xe?

Wot about a supercharger, strikes me these may be more compact with less fiddly pipework between exhaust and inlet. Has this ever been done?

why is there not enough room? its the same inlet as the standard xe?

Thats the problem, the standard system won't fit. The steering column effectivly disects the inlet, so does one of the chassis rails, I have tried, and believe me 16v, I do have imagination. ;)

B.

Wot about a supercharger, strikes me these may be more compact with less fiddly pipework between exhaust and inlet. Has this ever been done?

I would love to do this, if turbo bits for the vx were'nt available from standard, ie cal/cav bits then this would be the obvious route to choose, Just down to economics I supose?

And yes it has been done, do a search on migweb,  ;)

B

Thats the problem, the standard system won't fit. The steering column effectivly disects the inlet, so does one of the chassis rails, I have tried, and believe me 16v, I do have imagination. ;)

B.

Chassis rails can be moved easily enough (trust me! ;) ), and steering columns can sometimes be re-routed using more UJs - would that help? I'd have thought that if the thing will fit inside the overall volume of the car then something could be made to work?

Chassis rails can be moved easily enough (trust me!  ), and steering columns can sometimes be re-routed using more UJs - would that help? I'd have thought that if the thing will fit inside the overall volume of the car then something could be made to work?  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeh, I know it sounds easy, but its the inlet that is the real problem here. The original item is a monstrous thing very deep and very heavy and routing the steering round this would be difficult. Chassis chop no problem though but that is secondary. Throttle bodies is the preferred option in a westy though I think would agree.

I was looking towards the later generation vx turbo engines, as now fitted the vx 220, for my mid engined car, anyone know much about this engine?....Is it just a turbo ecotec? or all new?

Brian.

Some chap from up north has done it on a Cterham, and thats got even less engine bay space. His name was Bernard something or other. Car was a dark blue c******m. I saw it at 3 sisters, Olivers Mount etc etc last year and the year before.

John

Bernard Scouse was the fella.

I seem to recall it costing a fair amount too, even without c******m added tax.......