Elvington track day - 28 Aug 04 with Easytrack

papacroft

Well I have finally gone and booked my first trackday at Elvington? Went over this morning to see the set-up. Looks like it should be good fun, come rain or shine...

I've looked at the attendee list and I'm the only Westy on there at the moment. Is anyone else on here thinking of attending? It should be very interesting as one confirmed booking is a Diablo. Having said this, I imagine he will be more excited, getting chance to rub shoulders with a Westfield owner  :D

• 4 weeks later...

A couple more Westy's are going, so that's good news.

I have a question regarding the insurance offered by easytrack. It costs 10 pounds. What does it cover? My emails are getting no reply from easytrack.

Thanks

Mark..

It costs 10 pounds. What does it cover?

I would be very surprised if this insurance offered covers any damage to your car arising from an accident on the day. At £10 my guess is that it will only cover personal injury. If it does cover your car at that price then bite their bl**** hand off coz thats cheap!

I pay £80 for track day cover for the car with a £700 excess. £80 is more realistic for car damage cover me thinks

Hi Mark

I hope to be there. Looks like there could be some interesting cars to show up  :devil:

Anyone else from the Manchester area fancy it? :p

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked the attendees and Manchester Mike is also down as provisional.

Hope to recruit a few more at the next Manchester Meet.

Confirmed my place with Easytrack tonight  :cool:

Manchester Mike promises he'll be doing the same soon  :D

I notice your name isnt down yet Karl  :devil:  :sheep:

Papacroft - another advantage over the diablo is that he'll need 12 miles of duck tape to protect his bodywork :D  :D

You'll only need a few bits on your rear arches and nose ;)

NB. I'd suggest you keep closer to the diablo than marcus when your on the track  :devil:  :devil:

I've seen him drive :oops:  :oops:

Enjoy !!

NB. I'd suggest you keep closer to the diablo than marcus when your on the track    

I've seen him drive  

??? If you've seen me drive... you'll know I'll be trying very hard to be infront of the Diablo :p

Confirmed my place with Easytrack tonight  :cool:

Manchester Mike promises he'll be doing the same soon  :D

I notice your name isnt down yet Karl  :devil:  :sheep:

Glad to read that you have booked the Elvington track day. Hope Mike can do the same.

I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm planning on taking trailering the car to the track.

Marcus, I have seen driving and can imagine it might over encourage the Diablo owner into trying too hard to keep up. If this does happen and maybe the Lambo breaks, we could offer to trailer his (her) car home. On the way to his(her) house, we could stop by my place and strip off some "spoils of war", like the engine. Now that engine could form part of a very interesting Westfield project!

Finally got my 13" wheels and rubber ordered from Polleys for Elvington :D

After hearing the stories of a certain Gallardo driver's car... dashboard lighting up like a Christmas tree earlier this year I fancy our chances of a break down.

Heads or tails for the engine  ;)  :D

ME AND MY DAD ARE COMING WITH HIS YELLOW SE, SI TUCKMAN IS ALSO CUMIN TOO SO WE SHOULD HAVE LOTS OF SIDEWAYS ACTION  WE ARE BRINGING SI'S VAN WITH SOME SPARES WICH IS ALWYS HANDY.  :angry:

lol.... see you just made it on the confirmed list Karl :D

and I woulda put money on you not coming...I feel so guilty now  :blush:

Looking like a fun day out  :p  :t-up:

Managed to catch the last place  :D

should be good gooning fun as usual  :p  :D

look like theres some interesting westy fodder on the list too  :devil:  :devil:

What time is everyone expecting to arrive at Elvington?

From Oldham, it will take around 1.5 hours (trailering my Westfield Charriot).  I think enrollment is around 8:30am with track explanation and safety talk at around 9am. Does anyone have any information different to this?

Thanks

Mark..