makin my car lighter + faster

sir camel toe

hi chaps what are the best ways off make  my car lighter its a se with a 1700 cross flow

plus what cams do u guys use. on 40s at mo upgrading to 45 throttle boddies soon

any info would be a great help cheers daz

hi chaps what are the best ways off make  my car lighter its a se with a 1700 cross flow

Hmmm, tell fibs? :D:D:D

Wheels/tyres/uprights/ali shocks/ali calipers/disks drilled to within an inch of their lives/throw things away/seats/weather gear/end can/non stressed fixings/drill many many holes in things (only joking)/boot box/boot box return :D:D (can't believe I said that one! )/erm that's it.

Things to bear in mind: 13" rims and tyres weigh less (generally) than 14/15/16" ones, Any ali bits that replace steel bits just have got to be lighter, Do you use the weather gear, no? Throw it away. Wind screen/wiper/heater, oooh a whole 10kg extra... aeroscreen (TimD/the Factory) weigh in at around 1 to 2 Kg... Eat less..... common sense stuff really, you start from A and then only add/replace with lighter things and arrive at B  :t-up:

take out the engine :p  :p  :D  :D  :D

Envy is such a sad thing :p:p

The advice given by MB893 is true.  You will have to make sacrifices to comfort if you want to go truly light weight but this is the cheapest way to go.

Throw out the carpets, spare wheel and keep going until you have got a striped out racer :D

As for cams my last 135bhp engine used a kent 244 which seems to be the norm for that power level.  If you have a look on the Kent website there is lots of info to guide your choice.

For local advice speak to Johnny Weston-Taylor at the next Peacock night ;)

HTH

Rob

Hi mate

I would hold off on the expense of fitting the TB's until you have fully investigated what the advantage will be to the engine you are running at the moment and the costs involved in making the best of them.

I will PM you my number and we can have a chat if that helps ?

I should be at the next meet at the Peacock as long as I am not tied up at work.

Rob

as long as I am not tied up at work.

Rob

:0  :0  :0

Blinkin hell Rob........what kind of job do you have ? :D  :D  :D

Wind screen/wiper/heater, oooh a whole 10kg extra... aeroscreen (TimD/the Factory) weigh in at around 1 to 2 Kg...

*ahem* My screens weigh just 300grams actually.. :t-up: They are clearly the only sensible choice for those who are serious about weight saving! :p:D:D