1800 Zetec SEiW

MIKEASHTON

This is to test the water so to speak, as I'm not deffinately selling up, but who knows if the right offer comes along . . . .

This car used to run with a trusty old crossflow, and last season scored 5 out of 5 class wins, before I got a little tipsy one evening at curborogh and broke the gearbox the following day.  The gearbox is now fully rebuilt with all new parts by BGH and a new 1800 Zetec engine has been installed the spec is as follows :-

Engine

1800 zetec - 189hp

Skimmed and ported head

Balanced bottom end

Kent Super Sport Cams (need to confirm spec, but wildest possible)

Solid larger lifters

Twin 45's

DTA Engine Management

Cosworth Rod bolts

Will rev to 7,750, but max power at about 7,400 (have printout somewhere)

Cost over £5K this winter.

Drivetrain

BGH 5 speed box (all new internals about 1500miles ago)

2.54 first

0.79 fifth

Proper gearbox extention with long gearlever for fast precise changes

Alloy Bellhousing

4.4 English Diff in Westfield Housing fitted with Quaife ATB (new last season)

Brakes / Suspension

CAT Motorsport Ally 4 pot calipers at front

Tarox solid discs on front

RS2000 9" drums on rear

Brand new AVO shockers and springs

Front anti-roll bar

Quick Rak steering - 2.2 turns lock to lock

Other

2 Sets of 15inch rims with one set almost new and one set scrubbed Toyo Proxys.  One set of rims are Super Legaras, other set are only 5.5kg each, and could benefit from powder coating.

Tony Laws 4-2-1 manifold

Wunoff Alluminium Silencer

Plays-Kool GRP Race seat (Specially Widened)

Sabelt 3" 6 point drivers harness

Sabelt 3" 4 point passenger harness

Spa Tacho and with built in speedo (New, and records trip / odometer / 0-60 / 3 sequential shift lights)

External shift light run off DTA management

Polo G60 Radiator

Lightweight alternator

Momo steering wheel

Carbon effect front lights (which pass MOT's)

Carbon effect cycle wings

recently powder coated various front end bits.

Small Race battery

Ally oil catch tank

RAC Roll bar

Removable boot cover for easy access to rear

High flow fuel pump and Filer King fuel regulator

Carbon Fiber rear and side mirrors.

I think thats about it, but it must be stressed that this car is set up to be raced, although since the rebuild of the gearbox and engine, it has not been on the track, other than at Elvington earlier this year to get some miles on the engine prior to final rolling road tuning after engine swap.

The chassis is a very early wide bodied item, and the body work is British Racing Green with a yellow nose.  The bodywork is fine if this car is to be used for sprinting / hillclimbing, and it comes without carpets or weather gear.

The car weights in at about 520kg and the spec speaks for itself.  The car is capable of 0-60 in 4.2 secs, as tested with the SPA tacho / speedo, and would make an ideal sprint car capable of challenging for the road going under 1800 class.

Oh, and a Carbon Fibre timing strut.  

Genuine sensible offers only, as I'm not going to let it go unless I get a usefull figure.

What you gonna get Mike? A Blade? A Busa ? or a bigger Lens? :bangshead:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.