• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Novice Trackdays

Matt Crisp

Hi Does anyone have any advice about specific companies running trackdays? ie Which ones are OK and which to avoid. I need to start with the learners I guess, so open pit lanes are not suitable yet.

Any tips appreciated, and any circuits on the must do list.

TIA Matt

:D

Cadwell 13th August 2004

MainlyWestfields and 7 type cars with a few tin tops free instruction [nornmaly available just ring and check]

Good discount for WSCC members

The day is run by Javelin Motorsport contact me for details of the price [the discounted one that is]

Three groups novice, intermediats and nutters.

Whereabouts in the UK are you?  How far are you prepared to travel?  

Simon

Location Bromsgrove (from Members profile)............Where the oops, i said a naughty word! it that ???

motorsports events are very relaxed. Most of their events are down south (Swindon/cirencester area) so might be a bit far for you.

I think easytrack and bookatrack are pretty good too but haven't used them for a few years now.

At least with motorsports events I would not worry about open pitlane. Very relaxed and you never feel hassled on track. It also has the advantage that you can run short sessions and not feel like you are losing track time.

Put it this way: My father drove my car at a MSE hullavington event. 1st time he had driven it so he wasn't exactly fast but he had fun and did not have a problem with traffic. Shame the car filled with smoke and the gearlever came off in hand. I think that bit stressed him out a bit :0

Shame the car filled with smoke and the gearlever came off in hand. I think that bit stressed him out a bit   :0

LOL  :D  :D  :D

P.S. Matt, I'd try the MAllory Park day run by WSCC SEE HERE

Outlton Park WSCC/TVRCC 14th August has a novice group. Also professional tuition is available throughout the day, all included in the price. See the events page for details

goodness me guys c'mon  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D Friday 30th July - Thanks at least to Nana's

What about Mallory Park organised by and for WSCC members for Novice's through to experienced and all very well priced  :D  :D  :D  :D

and not a million miles away from Bromsgrove - within very easy reach  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Try conedodgers.co.uk too. Not trackdays as such as it's slalom/drifting etc. but it's a good way to find out how the car behaves when grip is lost etc. no other cars on track too so safe and a good chance to play.

Try most of the airfield days like Elvington (North Yorkshire) As these generally have good run off areas and usually most of the track/corners are marked out with cones so if you do erm... fill ya pants and have an off then at least its only the washing machine that's upset.

I'm sure there are Airfield days down in Bromsgrove,East Wales. If you're interested I know of a good riding school down ther and its open at nights !! :0

Have a look at a few of these track day organizers.

Track Days UK

RMA

Gold Track

Javelin  I think Javelin organize WSCC trackdays such as the one at Mallory

Track Action

Some of these will be more friendly to the new beginer, I was thinking of joining the gold track one as they seem to have three dedicated sessions depending on experience, and the bit of time of the track will allow tinkering, fuel filling, eating, drinking and getting tips of the more experienced.

HTH

motorsports events are very relaxed. Most of their events are down south (Swindon/cirencester area) so might be a bit far for you.

Not too far at all.  I have done MSE at Kemble, Hullavington and Keevil twice and driven the Westy from Worcester each time.  Keevil is the furthest, a couple of hours, but some nice roads.  

Accept the comments about WSCC track days, but I reckon that an airfield day is the place to start for a novice.

Can only agree about MSE. Even when I've had problems with inconsiderate driving on behalf of others there, MSE have dealt with it very well.

Andy