40 or 45's

Mitchamidilly

I have decided on the 2.0l Zetec. Yes I looked at others but this is my final answer. My question is: Do I really nead to go with 45's or will 40's do? 45's seem less common unless someone out there is looking to upgradde to throttle bodies and would like to donate (for a fair price) their Webbers to me? What sort of power difference could I expect?

Questions questions...

Mitch

Thanks 7SE, I will have that on DVD soon if you want to erm "borrow" it? Let me know. 42 hrs to my rolling chassis?

If it's a standard 2.0 Zetec 40's will probably not be too bad but they won't give you much potential for tuning the engine at a later date as they're generally reckoned to only flow enough for 160 odd BHP. 45's will be good for 200 plus though.

Kevin

I have a 2.0l Zetec on 45's,  and I would just go straight for the 45's this gives you a much bigger jetting options later and really does throw the fuel in!!

Mark