New to Westfields

mr-rad

All the nice ones seem to go quickly! But there seems always to be another nice one just becomeing available so i'm sure the right car will be available just as soon as the funds are.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr-rad

• adhawkins

• studbuckle

• neilwillis

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Skipton,Gateway to the Dales and some very nice roads!

And a V8 is not something i have considered, but nor is a BEC although i do have some history with bikes.

How economical would a V8 be in comparison with an inline four?

How economical would a V8 be in comparison with an inline four?

Ah.

But who buys a Westfield for economy?

My Zetec gets about 17-20 MPG when driven spiritedly, been as low as 12-15, and as high as 30.

Si will no doubt give us an idea for his V8 soon.

Andy

I get about 20mpg driving at Andy's 'spirited' speeds. That drops down to early teens if I nail it but very rarely see it over 25.

and Skipton puts you in easy reach of the Yorkshire meet. Fox and Grapes, A64 between Leeds ring road and the A1 1st Tuesday of the month

I was expecting lower figures than that based on what you've told me Si...

Surprised at a V8 returning better fuel figures than a 4 cylinder engine...I guess it doesn't have to work as hard...

Andy

Wonder what Buzz gets in his?

The V8 is thirstier than a 16v 4 cyl jobbie, but of course it all depends on how it's driven too.

I'll have to check my actual average figures, perhaps I'm telling people I get less than I actually do...

Andy

I think that's the point. If I was driving it on the secondary chokes a lot then it would drop a lot but as it will move a fair old rate with little effort it tends to do around the 23 mark regardless of what i'm doing. That's based on the touring i've done in the last 8 weeks covering more than 1500 miles

Yep, wasn't questioning your figures (as such), just a little surprised.

I guess it does make sense that to drive 'spiritedly' you only have to use about quarter throttle, whereas I might have to use half ;)

Andy

Thanks for all your help fellas!!

It's now worse than it was before now theres a V8 in the mix.

I suppose any Westie will be fine as long as it's a good one.:d

Yes, look for a good tidy, well built example.

Knowing what you will use it for most will answer the question of engines, but I'm sure when you see the one you want, you'll buy it regardless.

Best advice is to cadge a ride in as many different setups as you can, and see which one you enjoy the most.   The guys at the local meet will oblige I know.

not something i have considered, but nor is a BEC

Nor had I until I was taken out for a spin in one ....

Trust me, you will never look back  :D  :D  :D

ooooh is that another gear .... oooooooh how many revs ...... oooooooooh no need to use the clutch on upshifts sir?

SUITS YOU. :p  :love:  :p