• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

New to Westfields

mr-rad

Wonder what Buzz gets in his?

The V8 is thirstier than a 16v 4 cyl jobbie, but of course it all depends on how it's driven too.

Well, suprise-suprise but on our trip to Le Mans Buzz was getting about 30Mpg, whereas some of the VX cars were doing 20Mpg. ???

Reason for this is Buzzz'zzz V8 is on injection. :t-up:

I'f I was gonna spend £11K on a westie I would definately go for injection (Throttle Boddies) & if it were for a mixture of Track & Road use then it would be a 2.0L, 4Pot, 16Valver, Zetec, VX, Cossie, Duratec................... :love:  :cool:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr-rad

• adhawkins

• studbuckle

• neilwillis

Top Posters In This Topic

which is the main reason I want to go injection before the several thousand mile trip in USA next year.

anyone know the current cost of a gallon over there so I can submit my case to the financial adviser?

so currently £1.11 a gallon.. allowing for currency fluctuation if I estimate £1.50 a gallon for the tour.... Oh boy, how far off topic is this?

Oh boy, how far off topic is this?

:D

Welcome to the Boardroom Mr-Rad ;)

Andy

Vx and Zetec are much of a muchness really. You'll get more power from a Vx cheaply, but they're slightly heavier. Both ideal engines to get started with Westfields.

err i could take issue with that statement ...

but i wont ;)

as for fuel economy on a spirted blat around counrty lanes i am looking at 10-15mpg, thats a VX with carbs.  On a motorway cruise if i manage to keep my speed down  ;) then i can get about 25mpg

Si get such good fuel economy cos he drives like a big jessie  :p  ;)

Vx and Zetec are much of a muchness really. You'll get more power from a Vx cheaply, but they're slightly heavier. Both ideal engines to get started with Westfields.

err i could take issue with that statement ...

but i wont ;)

Well, if I'm telling lies, I'd rather people told me now so that I can stop doing it...why would you take issue with it?

Andy