A New Area

Turbo Tommo

I have just moved into the Newark area and my nearest area meets are Shardlow, Norfolk, Cambridge, or Yorkshire. I'm thinking of starting a new area to encompass Southwell, Mansfield, Newark, Lincoln Sleaford, etc, but before I commit, I was wanting to guage the potential interest. I have already primed a local Landlord regarding his interest in hosting area meets and he has a strong connection with all things automotive, and runs a Pub with a large car park. The beer & food are excellent and, being a rural location, would prove an ideal venue to organise events from, as well as the simple pleasure of driving to and from. We have the additional benefits of being close to Cadwell Park,the PF International Karting curcuit and the Newark showground.

In the short term, maybe you could just reply to the post in order to ascertain potential numbers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Turbo Tommo

• Westfieldman

• Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

• alfie_fraser

You dont need a new area Tommo  :p

You just need to move to MANCHESTER  :cool:

I live in chesterfield and would potentially like to meet up when and if work permits.  I have attended the Oakerthorpe meeting (last week)  but a Thursday night could cause me grief, so the more options I have the  better.  What is the location of this pub you mention to confirm my potential for getting there within reason.

Cheers

Gareth  :t-up:  :t-up:

Hi,

I live in Chesterfield too, and spend a lot of time around Newark at the weekends, so an area meet around there might be more obtainable for me. Have been to Oakerthorpe, but missed the last meet due to work  :(

Where's the pub likely to be?

Luke :)

Oh, Ive got something for you............you have email

So do you  :t-up:

count me in old man :D

Cheers

Dave

Ayup matey, what happened to you on Sunday, looked around and you'd gone!

Hi Tommo.

Give the membership sec an Email and ask him to send you a list of all the members in your intended catchment area then write to them all inviting them to a start-up meeting.

You can then guage the interest from there and decide weather or not you want to persue it.

Chaz.

I usually attend the Oakerthorpe meeting as its on a Thursday when i finish work early (6pm) and its only 10mins from my house.

Having said that Staunton in the Vale isnt too far and incorporates some great country lane blats. I can only do Thursdays, Tuesdays and weekends.

Contact cnewto12 who lives very close to Staunton in the Vale (PM me if you want his e-mail/mobile) :t-up:

Where the **** is Staunton in the what ave you? Thought I new that area,(Newark), well, obviously not. Anyway would be well interested in the occaissional run out that way. Keep me posted  ;)  ;)  ;)

B.