What a Weekend!!!

barney

What can i say..what a weekend !

id like to thank the organising team  for a great time this weekend,well done all round :t-up:  :t-up:

Congratulations to Messrs Algar and Navin for their superb drives and of course to Chris for FTD.

Rob hope the fuel pickup problem has been solved..

big thanks to Windy for the entertainment on Sat afternoon,sounded like England had scored  when he got the hairpin right  :D  :D  :D  :p

id also like to thank rob and the Seightan boys for the headache on Sunday morning  :devil:    `just have this last can` will ring in my ears for time to come...

just my tuppeneth  :t-up:  :t-up:  :D  :p

Rubble

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Duck

• adhawkins

• neilwillis

• Little Devil

Yep - great weekend - just like to say a huge big Thanks to all the marshalls, helpers and drivers for pitching in with tidy up.  :D  :D  :D  :D

Michelle and Simon for the "entertainment" in the marquee

And last but by no means least Christine Pearce amd Jackie Pointon for all their hardwork behind the scenes and paddock office - couldn't have run more smoothly  :D  :D  :D  THANKS

And we had a great time too.

Thanks to all those that put themselves out to organise this event.

Especially liked the commentary.

Commiserations to the John L for the blown motor.

Rachel and Ash

Yep...

Many thanks to ALL the people that made another great club event ! :D:D

Barney, I think that I have now sorted the fueling problem but if past years are anything to go buy it may be a reaccuring issue ?????????

A big thanks to ACW for finnaly putting to rest the heated debate on what is the lightest car.  I think that this topic should now be left alone and the mighty X-flow needs to be recognised as the only true light car :p   ( even compared to those silly bike things )

Thanks must also go to Stella Artois.   Not only do they sponsor some silly tennis match event but they also keep the entire WSCC up in the evening and feeling very ill in the morning. (athough Barney was looking very ill by about 10pm, he is almost as big a light weight as his car)

Love & peace

The voice of reason. :D

he is almost as big a light weight as his car

never been called a lightweight before,do you think we should approach Stella with a view to sponsoring next years event..... :D  :D  :D  :D

Barney

ps the lightest car i beleive was settled ,but the lawyers are looking at the fine print :p

Just to add the thanks of myself and the Welsh Wizard to the list. Had a top day, despite braving rain and two hailstorms on the journey up on the Saturday. I think Luned is speaking to me again :)

Special thanks to Adrian for taking me out in his car on Saturday. Now I know what a Westfield is supposed to go like! :D

:t-up:

Nice meeting those of you I hadn't met before. Next time we meet, be sure to introduce yourselves again, cos I'm crap with names :0

Some photos are here.

Andy

And as it was my first ever drive in the Speed series a thank you to all the people who gave me help and advice over the weekend. :D  :D

It was much appreciated and needed especially after my attempt to get airborne on my 2nd run. :durr:

And even allowing for the four and a half hour drive home through torrential thunderstorms it was still worth it :D

Only just warmed up though, any planned for the south coast

J D    :cool:     southern softie ???

especially after my attempt to get airborne on my 2nd run. :durr:

Were you the one that almost rolled? That was a scary moment there...hope the car was still all in one piece when it came back down.

Andy

Only damage was a couple of bent rose joints on the anti roll bar and a broken numberplate    :p

Still trying to work out how I managed to get in that situation    ???

No, I remember now, crap driving   :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Promise I will take some lessons

J D   :cool:

Great Weekend, we are now all back safe and sound in the frozen north.

Thanks as well to all those unnoticed but hard working people who make an event like this happen. It was great to see so many Westies out competing,  :D  :D  :D  It's the event you must be at, and those of you who didn't make it MAKE SURE YOU TURN UP NEXT YEAR - YOU WON'T REGRET IT  :D  :D  :D

Cheers Barney, sorry to snatch a win from out of your hands at the last minute  :)  even if your car was 100 KG lighter than my'n  :D , when was it you were going to put the engine back in  :D  :D  :D

Nick

Green/Dean Racing would also like to offer our thanks to all the organisers, marshalls and helpers who made for such an enjoyable weekend.

Yep, I'll just add my thanks to everyone for a good event and congrats to Chris Green for FTD....at least I equalled Keith's time to a hundreth of a second so didn't mind being beaten by his young 'un  ;)  :D

A spot on weekend, :D

shame to See John Loudon, loose an engine after hes hard work over last year, we all know how hard we work on the cars and the cost, well hope to see you out soon mate ???