It's all getting..

minghis

Recently there have been several posts/threads/comments that have cought my attention for all the wrong reasons.

It's getting to the point where threats and accusations are being made about other people, clubs or cars that in my opinion are removing the enjoyment of the forum and club.

This is a great place to learn and exchange ideas, especially for those like myself that have recently got into Westfields for the first time. It's daunting (getting your first one) and has been a great comforter that questions and help are usually only a couple of clicks away - in fact I would wager that a good few Westfields are decided on after regular visits to these forums.

The other good thing are the 'personalities' of the regular posters, with regular quips about searching and joining the club that I find amusing and endearing. These make the forums enjoyable and entertaining. It's good to have a laugh and if it's at somebody elses expense and done in such a way that both sides see the funny part no one is disadvantaged and everyone is happy. Personally I think that if there is a history of other clubs getting one over on another club (the banner situation) then that's great, if owned up to and reciprocal! If the other club hasn't 'owned up' after a while than surely they haven't done it - some of the follow-up threads are risking taking this situation too far and have removed the enjoyment, simple as that.

We all think we have good cars, and our choice is sometimes limited by factors such as budget or personal preferred choice. Ultimately I could have chosen a c******m, Tiger, Sylva or a Robin Hood. I chose a Westfield and I realised a dream of having a Kit Car and all the thrills that go with it. There will be a degree of banter between owners of these differing makes but really we're all doing the same thing and that is enjoying low cost, simple and fast cars.

I would hope if I had broken down and been stranded if any other Kit Car driver saw me he would stop and offer some help. I would certainly do the same if the situation was reversed. Would the driver of the c******m that referred to Westfields as 'plastic coffins' stop to help? Would the driver of a Robin Hood stop to help? Or, perhaps more importantly would the member here who insists that Pinto's are '****e and crap boat anchors' stop, decide that it's a Pinto engined car and then drive off laughing?

I wonder.

Minghis.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chrisbin

• S8ight

• Mark Stanton

• adhawkins

Minghis

would the member here who insists that Pinto's are '****e and crap boat anchors' stop, decide that it's a Pinto engined car and then drive off laughing?

He probably would stop and help.

But he is definately not diplomatic or sensitive. I can only apologise on his behalf and confirm when you get to know him it gets worse !

I think it's like all walks of life.   Sometimes you meet people who are a little boorish.   The only way to deal with that sort of thing is rise above it.   We all like to poke fun sometimes, but you are right, there is a limit.

The ultimate deterrent is to ban people, an option that is open to the webmaster, but as I'm sure you'd agree, a little extreme for most of the postings here.

I agree with you Minghis, there is a point at which we should draw the line, and some of the stuff posted about the Robin Hood club was far too accusing, and some down right childish.   Thankfully it wasn't the view of the majority of club members.

Agreed.....

Fun and games ok but constant attacks is unfair....

PINTOS   Rock.....(and i have a X Flow)

Don't be knocking pinto's, they may be bad engines but at least they are engines, still, could be worse.......could be a TVR  :D  :p  :devil:  :devil:  ;)  :D

And for the record, if I saw a c******m, Sylva, Robin Hood broken down I'd stop and offer my help.

If I see another Se7en going down the road, I still go  :0 OOH LOOK, A c******m (or whatever it may be)  :D

I'm going to get a cushion, sitting on this fence is starting to chafe  :D  :D  :arse:  :arse:  :blush:

Well said Minghis - the "crack" and having a laugh alongside all the serious techy stuff sure does make this an entertaining and informative forum  :D  :D  :D  and a pleasure when meeting "new faces" aorund the UK.  :D  :D  Whatever they drive.

Sad fact of life though, seems more prevalent  :(  :(  :(  that a few tarnish matters for the majority and the most churlish, vociferous and antagonistic seem to remain in our memories.

With regard to "what car" The WSCC has always been an "open & mixed" club with Duttons, c******ms, Tigers, Vindicators, Dax Rush and many variants being members and involved in club activities. :D  :D

Indeed our very own Memb Sec. is a proud Dutton owning driver  :D  :D  :D  :D

could be worse.......could be a TVR  

Well Graham, how did you know I also have a TVR? Spending too much time over at Pistonheads I'll bet.....

Bet you can't guess what model my Berretta is?   ;)

Minghis.

hi

westfields are basic, easy to build cars.

fitting a basic, easy to tune engine (like the pinto) makes perfect sense!

my westfield has a tuned pinto and it goes like stink, wouldn't change it.

warren

ok, to make things fair why not have a weekly whipping boy.

(nothing kinky meant by that)

taking the p*** out of a different car owner each week.

week 1-CVH engines

week 2-people with 13" wheels

week 3-green cars

and so on and so forth...... :)

although people with V8's generally dont have anything about their cars to take the p*** out of :p

S8ight

although people with V8's generally dont have anything about their cars to take the p*** out of

How about MPG ? :arse:

So whoever owns a snotmobile powered by a CVH running 13" wheels is gonna get some flack then  :D  :(  :devil:  :D  :blush:  :blush: