pay per use internet

JonnyBoy

Looking at putting a pay-per-use internet machine into my B&B hostel out in Whistler Canada as a networked machine on teh existing cable connection...

does anyone know of any coin-op systems that exist for this sort of thing?

Coin op would be the most preferable way as it means we dont have to stay around selling phone cards etc.

TIA

You can buy pay as you go card dispensers and card top up machines. We have them in our canteen........You buy a card for a quid, and it's yours until you lose it (normally with loads of credit on it). When it gets low, you stick it into a different machine, add some money (folding, or coin) and Bob's a close relative, more food........or internet access, or whatever......

Or you could just use a credit card reader type thing, I s'pose (think, open ended credit, so people will spend more).....ACW would be the man to ask.......

Or put a data port in to each room, and monitor access like you do with a phone. The guest pays when they check out, or have reached a pre-determined limit. You could even take a deposit (or a card swipe) to stop people trying to leg it........

How about putting the monitor on one of those coin op timers you get in cheap hotels for the TV.

I was thinking about putting the hub on that sort of thing so access is only available with money in the slot....but using the monitor is a stroke of genious!

go to the top of the class Darren