Le Mans 2004

Mark Stanton

I couldn't keep up on the way back, untill they started running out of fuel.  

Ahhh yes.... Have you every tried finding a petrol station open in France after 20.00?? There were a couple of occasions where I though I was going to be walking the rest of the way to Le-Mans. In Evereux I had to wait at one of those 24hr fuel pumps (where it didn't like my UK Visa card) until a local turned up so I could get him to fill my Westie in exchange for cash! :p

Mark.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Mark Stanton

• DickieB

• Enterpryse

excellent weekend, absolutley fantastic time,

burnouts at the Arnage were quality :p  :p

wonder if it was the same copper that had a quiet word with Buzz for his controlled slide/turn at a fuel stop  :blush:  :blush:  :D  :D

To repeat what Andy says, thanks to Mike for organising and Scoob and Lisa for Navigating  :cool:  :cool:

It`ll be a while before the grin settles off my face

:D  :D  :D

Do I detect a little camera shake there Blatman?

Yeah. It's not easy running down the stairs in the tribunes, trying to fend off all comers to get to the front. I thought I did quite well.......

Do I detect a little camera shake there Blatman?

Yeah. It's not easy running down the stairs in the tribunes, trying to fend off all comers to get to the front. I thought I did quite well.......

We have to commend you for your commitment, and artistic flair!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

At Portsmouth docks on the way out, load of catering vans pulled up to check-inn, one of them had a full roll cage with a Thule 80 litre luggage box strapped to it.

Pi@@ed myself laughing...........

Steve

At Portsmouth docks on the way out, load of catering vans pulled up to check-inn, one of them had a full roll cage with a Thule 80 litre luggage box strapped to it.

He was with the L7Club, as was I. How can you have not seen me?

There's a piccy used in the local press here.

I hadn't realised my car had been spotted Mr Stanton

Looks good even under canvas   :)  :)  :)   (don't say better)

I hadn't realised my car had been spotted Mr Stanton

:devil:  :devil: Be very careful who you speak to at Le Mans especially those wearing similar baseball caps  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :D

Good job you'd paid your subs - else Mr Garratt could have got nasty  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D

Well what can I say my 1st time at Le-Mans and it has been the best experience since I did a rugby tour to Avimore in 1993.This trip was freaking mental! :suspect:  But first and foremost is a big, big thank you to Mike Dixon for his organisation and meticulous planning. As for the campsite: it was fantastic. Complete with a Chateau swimming pool, electricity, bar, showers,very clean and live entertainment...superb!

Another thanks goes to Scooby and 'me Julie' for their navigation exploits and getting us to the camp site despite the 2 hour monsoon we drove thro'. Kin’ ell it was wet!! :(  I think Scooby scoffed his way thro' France... boy that man can trough!!

Big thanks to the Le-Mans 5 Bananaman, NeilB, KarlW, Turbo Tommo and of course Flying Bill. That man can tell funny story... he had us in stitches for most of the weekend with his rallying tales. 10 out of 10 to Karl who confesses to not being a big drinker but batted it out every night until the bar shut (even out lasting Tommo)!! ...he was a broken man  :down:  I've never seen a bloke fall with such grace or bounce of walls  with so much style  :p On the out bound trip on the ferry I can honestly say I've never seen a human being negotiate a corridor in that manor before. I wish I'd had my camcorder. IT WAS  priceless!!

Apologies for my expoits racing the ferrari boys. I think I got myself a bit of a rep on the way back.! :devil: But I think the tunnel racing was the best and u all know what I'm talking about.... you naughty boys....boy that was fun!!!

Great fun, great people, great food and I did take the Stenna Stella Challenge by a country mile followed  by the heavy weight drinking cruiser Bananaman.The dark horse of any bar..... It was the best stag weekend I've been on without anyone actually getting married!! AT least next year week can go for a full week...ya'all ready for that Karl!! :(

And to end I will be selling my 3 layer nomex racing underpants as used on the Le-Man tour.Shades optional

Buzz

PS I have a few pickys to put on the site but the file sizes are 2 big any help reducing would be appriciated

PS I have a few pickys to put on the site but the file sizes are 2 big any help reducing would be appriciated

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Search out a guy called Persil 6th posting on 17th page of this thread

Also look Here NOT TO BE MISSED :D  :D  :D

Do you have XP Buzz?

If so, go here and download 'Image Resizer'.

You can then right click on an image and resize it. Get it down to about 640 x 480 and the avatars service will accept it.

Andy

I think that this sums up the weekend the Buzz, Karl W, Bill, Andy Bananaman, Scooby and myself had.

nsbrady-Offer1.jpg

Top weekend, cheers Mike for sorting the camping etc.

Do you have XP Buzz?

If so, go here and download 'Image Resizer'.

You can then right click on an image and resize it. Get it down to about 640 x 480 and the avatars service will accept it.

Andy

I do  cheers Andy

Buzz