CAT or not!!

trev4

i have not long acquired a Factory std Carbon Sport 1.8 zetec with jenvey t/b......, No.10 of 10!! ive even got the little badge thing

it just had an m.o.t prior to me buying it....however, one question i forgot to ask....does it have a CAT?...if so then i assume it's in the silencer box.......cos there's no where else for it to go...

just one of those things i always assumed was there....or is it!!

What year is the car? If it's on throttle bodies, I would expect it has got a Cat.

Andy

In that case, it'll almost certainly have a Cat I'd have thought.

Andy

If so, could it still be on a 'W'?

Andy

Yup. It could have been the 1 reconditioned part.......

Why not ask the factory. It'll save us lot second guessing each other......

Yup. It could have been the 1 reconditioned part.......

Fair enough...adding that little tidbit to my store of knowledge :)

:t-up:

Andy

Can you see a feint line around the silencer about 4 inches from the front or is there a difference in colouring of the metal here - indicating a change in temperature? - assuming it's a side pipe?

I think they have a cat welded into the front of the silencer. I imagine it would have had one from the factory but I suppose the exhaust could have been changed since.

The other option is to find someone with a CO meter (eg Gunson's job from halfords or 4gas analyser at an MOT station), get it nice and hot and then check the CO at idle and maybe at 2500 RPM. If it's bu66er all it's got a cat!

Kevin