Dangerous wheel nuts

bootleboy

Alloy wheel nuts are not allowed for motorsport, probably for a very good reason........

Some of your attention to detail is obviously rubbing off on me Blatters, so here goes......

1 - When you say Alloy wheel nuts are not allowed in Motorsport I assume you mean Aluminium Alloy.

2 - Is it true that "Alloy" wheel nuts are not allowed in all forms of Motorsport? - just out of curiosity, as I reckon those single centre nuts as in F1 are a an Aerospace grade alloy of some description. For a period in 1991 I had in my possession the wheel nut which came off of Mansell's car in the Pit Lane in Portugal, it was definitely an aerospace grade alloy.

3 - As regards the original thread - I'd just break the B*stard's arms.

I do mean aluminium alloy.........

I was refering to Motorsport disciplines that a Westfield might qualify for.........

Pedant....... :p  :p  :D  :D

I had in my possession the wheel nut which came off of Mansell's car in the Pit Lane in Portugal, it was definitely an aerospace grade alloy.

Sort of says it all really

:p  :p  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

What Blatters says goes, OK?

Except about Zetecs which of course rule  :cool:

As I remember Mansell's wheel nut was not done up enough.

And it resulted in one of the best ends to a grand prix race, that I have seen.

So alloy wheel nuts are a good thing.

But yes you can not use them in the WSCC, but then I never said anything about that...

Plenty of Speed Series newbies will be reading this. I'm sure they all though "mmmmmmmm  weight saving, and looking good, all at once".

I'd hate to think of them buying, and then failing scrutineering at the next event, because your advert (which isn't allowed, according to the rules) wasn't clear........ :p  :p  :p

So why do Compomotive sell them and why do people use them in the Speed Series?? ??? Surely just the length of thread engagement needs to be the correct length for the material and the type of seating correct?

John

So why do Compomotive sell them

You really want me to answer that?

why do people use them in the Speed Series??

'Cos the scrutineers miss them. Check the Blue Book. It specifically bans aluminium alloy wheel nuts.......at least, it did the last time I checked........

Yep, have a look at this... :p  :p