Towing

Bananaman

Does anybody know what the Max towing weight of a VAUXHALL Astra 1.7 TDi is?

Would it tow 600Kg Westie & BJT A series trailer?

Andy :zzz:

Trailer weighs 470kg so total towed weight would be 1070kg.

Assuming we're talking current model it's 1100 for the estate or 1150 for the hatch.

So yes. Just.

Drain all the petrol out, unbolt the seats and put them in the astra and fill the tyres with helium, you'll be fine.

What size A-series is it, that weighs 470kgs, out of interest?

They give two weights for these trailers 470kg & 500kg, however the 470 kg seems to cover several different sizes. ???

I carn't remember just how big mine is but it aint the biggest so it aint 500kg (I hope :arse: )

The trailer is wide enough for my SEiW with a tiny bit to spare & is more than long enough by a foot or so.

Assuming we're talking current model it's 1100 for the estate or 1150 for the hatch.

No I'm looking at a 95'ish model, my cousin has one so i have asked him to have a look under the bonnet. :t-up:

Thanks

Andy ;)

so you keeping the Zetec beastie then Andy?

No Just covering all bases. ;)

I dont think Andy's driven it 'yet'

Watch it. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Look on the VIN plate for the max kerb weight. IIRC, I think its 1100kg. You should be under this with your trailer and car onboard. I used to use my Astramx van for this very job and it coped admirably. My newer Astra 2.0Di van is better though.

John