• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

bushes

TAFFYY

Hello  Can anyone please tell me how to remove the old metalastic bushes from the trailing arms   Ive done a seach but cannot find anything on exact removel I think they may be corroded   Thanks for any help Tom :durr:

The short answer is 'Heat and pressure'

The easy answer is 'Take them to a garage, or workshop with a fly press [no I don't know why it is called that - but they will know what you mean :D ] and ask them to press them out for you.  While your there, ask them to press the new one in too! :t-up:

There is a do-it-yourself answer which involves vices, swearing and sockets :0  -  I took the easy answer, so willl leave it to others to provide the details :D

There is a do-it-yourself answer which involves vices, swearing and sockets :0

Emm, don't recommend this; I tried fitting them this way, the vice I broke (a decent one at that) cost more than I saved not getting it done with a press.  :down:

Apparently you can drill / press / melt out the rubber, remove the metal inner secion and then get a hacksaw in and cut the outer casing along its length. The remains of the bush won't be as tight then and you can drift it out.

You'll need a press to fit a new one anyway, so the workshop option's still the best.

Kevin

Hi I thought about cutting with the hack saw don't trust myself not to cut to deep, anyway cheers all for your ideas :durr: