Nurburgring

MIKEASHTON

less than 100db noise
what  :down:  :bangshead:

Do they niose check  :arse:  ???

I'm with you Mark...100 dB...seems a little low.

Andy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bkeirle

• malcuuu

• Mark Stanton

• Nick M

100db measured how ?

Until you know that there's no need to worry.  It could be 100db measured 25 metres from the track which would be a piece of cake.  And 100db static noise tests should be easy to achieve for most road cars.

Bear in mind this *isn't* a trackday, it's just a long one way street which happens to have armco round the side ;)

100db measured how ?

At half revs, 1 metre from your exhaust..and half a metre back..as per EU/german regs..

And yes they do noise test, a lot on weekends..

If you want to download a video lap you can from my site..

Hi Bren  <!--emo&:t-up:

I can see u r going 2 become our 'oracle' about the Ring!

Please keep the info coming.

I tried to log onto your website to get the video, but I think maybe your server was down at the time.  

I know the Ring is impossible to learn in a short time, so maybe u could show us round in yur Westie? (Not toooooo fast of course!;)

If we followed in convoy, that wud make a cool pic!  (Or maybe another video ?)

The vid is hosted by a friend of mine..on a limited BW server...so just keep trying...sorry

They reckon 50 laps to learn it..another 50 to start going quick'ish on it. I did over 1000 laps last year.. ..MOst accidents happen in the first 10 laps of someones visit..until they give the place the respect it deserves..we have a 'crash' map on the wall of our place..and it gets signed at least once a week

I would be happy to show some of you guys the way round....not in convoy though..in 1's or 2's..Convoys can become very dangerous, and annoying for regular users....unless you can get N GMBH to allow you to do a 'parade' lap early in the morning ( they do for a lot of clubs).

We had the Caterham club stay here last year, and I had fun taking some of those guys for laps....  :devil: or you are more than welcome to get on the back of my bike... :D

Videoing is officially banned...so if you do it, it is at the risk of being banned from track use...

Count me in Mikey boy I'll have no probs with the sound checks 94db @1/2 metre WSCC Croft SS

Mark you really don't want to be racing your aliminum tent round the ring. It i'll be just like driving on english roads round a coastal holiday resort for the rest of us that get stuck behind you!!!

Buzz

PS what about a visit to the Stella Factory to pay homage??:0:0:cool:

I've done a few laps on my bike and agree with Bren, got to take it easy first few times - or you'll find out why there are so many spectators of some parts of the track.

They never noise tested my bike but there was so much noise from all the other motors waitng to get on, it would have been pointless anyway.

Put me on the distribution  :D:D:D

They never noise tested my bike but there was so much noise from all the other motors waitng to get on, it would have been pointless anyway.

I am not saying you 'will' be noise tested..but they do it..a lot at weekends, and it is a long way to come just to sneak 1 or 2 laps past the marshalls, when you could have sorted it out before travelling 500 miles and avoid a lot of stress and disappointment.,..

Just my advice...as I get sick of handing out wire wool and coke cans to people who stay at our place.. :D

Bren

A group of us are going AGAIN to the ring on Thursday 29th July to Monday 2nd August inc. Same weekend as the German touring cars so lots to do and see apart from driving the ring.

Any noise test we have seen over there are usually done on standard cars.

This is becoming an annual event.

Also the Germans can not believe we have driven so far in a Westy.

They love it :p  :p  :p  :p

• 5 weeks later...

Not long returned from a marshaling trip to the 24Hr race at the ring, the place is awsome!!!!

The annual 24hr race takes place usually around the end of May begining of June.

We usually find out the date by the end of the year , then book ourselves on the tunnel, cost about £170 for car + passenges if booked before the end of the year.

If you need some place to rest yours heads, there is no better place than the Hotel Wilhelmshöhe, 15 - 20 mins from the circuit.

www.hotel-wilhelmshoehe.de

(guestbook says it all)

Just got back from a long weekend at the Ring.

Absolutely fantastic………

Ferry was £80 from Dover to Boulogne. (tin top)

Its an easy drive across the E40 then down the E42 (past SPA) to Nurburgring.

One of our lads(Andy) from Oxford (yellow sei/Vaux/ACB10’s) was their and it cost him £170 for tin top and trailer from Dover (P&O I think)  although he did say he has paid up to £250. Good quick car around the ring.

Some of us stayed local in B&B about £16 per night.

4 of us stayed at Cochem on the Mosal valley, loads of eating houses and bars!! About 40 clicks south, cost 50 euros a night in a good hotel.

Paid 70 euros for 6 a lap ticket.

Andy’s exhaust was seriously in need of a repack, but as long as you don’t make too much noise at the start barriers there didn’t seem to be any problem. I didn’t notice any noise test over the 3 days we were there.

Down side seems to be the number of bikers that have a meeting with the Armco, 4 went down on Saturday, one Brit was in a bad way….

I managed to get a ride round in the fabled  ringmini (a Honda VTEC powered mini estate!;) bl**** hell…even the bikes pull over for him, one thing that didn’t happen in the Westfield.

See www.ringmini.de if you drill down there is a video of a full lap including the current gp circuit.

We made a couple of videos, again as long as you don’t make a song and dance about it you are ok.

If its too obvious the start line crew will be on to you.

As said earlier its hard too learn, but after 15 – 20 laps you should get a good idea.

3 or 4 cars were wiped out over the weekend, strangely at places the spectators comgregate.

Somebody did say if you can see spectators don’t try too hard, you get billed for the Armco as well!!

Garry

There is a track day at SPA on 13th October 9am - 6pm....not far from the ring....tempted?